Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLEXnet Licensing ERROR [-4.321.0]

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
drulison
510 Views, 13 Replies

FLEXnet Licensing ERROR [-4.321.0]

I have users running into this error on a regular basis.  I have additional licenses but they are not being released to users.  I have reworked my license file thinking I didn't have them listed in the preferred cascading order.  Still not sure I have this correct but at least some CAD users are working with the limited licenses I have.  For example, I am able to get 5 Map 3D users but the license file says there are 8 more unused.  the 6th person get the error message ERROR [-4.321.0].

We are running Map 3D2010 & 2012, Raster design 2012, P&ID 2011 & 2013, Infrastrucutre design suites 2012, civil 3D 2011 and Plant design suite 2013.  I cleaned up my old license file and pasted in new license files from 2013 and copied in the older civil 3D portion since we didn't upgrade this.  Again, not sure I have set up my license file correctly.  I've attached here for review.  As well as a log file from LMTOOLS.

I'm also running an older version of LMTOOLS - 10.8.  Could this be the problem?  I read this from other discussions so I think this needs to be done.  But will this solve my problems?

So I guess my overall questions are:

1.  Does my version of LMTOOLS need to be upgraded to accomodate the newer releases?

2.  Is my license file set up to allow for all seats to be released to any software release? 

thanks,

Doug Rulison

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
DarrenP
in reply to: drulison

i am looking at this

but i would edit your post to take out your serial numbers

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

your 1st question yes i would upgrade your license manager the latest version is 11.10

this may fix the issue

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 14
DarrenP

any way you can post the status inquiry ?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
drulison

good idea, thanks.  any ideas on how I edit my post or delete it.  I cna't find anything.  I can repost i suppose.

Message 6 of 14
DarrenP

i notified the admin

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 14
drulison

I attached the status inquiry pulled this morning.  One thing I did notice and not sure how this might add to problem I'm having but the status inquiry reports that it is using tghe wrong license file.  In my config setting I can see it pointed to the correct license file but not in this report.  Does that add to the issue here?

Doug

Message 8 of 14
DarrenP

it also says your using 11.5 and not 10.8

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 14
DarrenP

are you running 2 different license files?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 14
drulison

there are two different license managers being used on LMTOOLS.  The flexlm for our CAD licenses and another called Minitab licnese manager for our lab software. 

I did notice the LMTOOLS version difference as well.  When I go to the help pull down it says 10.8, but I do see where it says 11.5 in the status. 

Message 11 of 14
DarrenP

i just noticed it also says your using 11.5 in your debug log also

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 14
DarrenP

i would update to 11.10 and see if that fixes the isse

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 14
DarrenP

i think i see whats going on

the license manager is not seeing any of the suites

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 14 of 14
DarrenP

thats why you are seeing the -4 error

the license manager isn't seeing anymore licenses because its not seeing the infrastructure suite licenses

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report