Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet License Finder keeps popping up

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
jhollan1
29055 Views, 13 Replies

FlexNet License Finder keeps popping up

Recently installed the Autodesk License Manager on a new 2012 R2 server.  At first I was able to pull licenses for AutoCAD 2015 but now all I get is the FlexNet license finder pop up.  I specify the license server and the finder completes, then comes right back.  The message I receive is that the FlexNet license server manager could not determine where to find the licensing data it needs.

I see only one thing in the debug log but am not sure if this is related or not:

"(adskflex) Unable to initialize access to trusted storage: 1"

There are no other errors.  Firewalls are disabled and I can contact the license server on ports 27000 and 2080.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
DarrenP
in reply to: jhollan1

try using the IP address instead of the server name in that dialog box and see what happens

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
jhollan1
in reply to: DarrenP

No change.  The client also correctly resolves the server host name to an IPv4 address.

Message 4 of 14
DarrenP

try this enviroment variable

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-A...

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
jhollan1

I've increased the timeout incrementally all the way to 50000000 and still no change.

Message 6 of 14
TravisNave

Are you running any other license managers on that box or any other server?  I have seen this problem resolved by changing the port for lmgrd from default to 27003, for example.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 14
jhollan1
in reply to: TravisNave

That did it.  There was an incomplete install of another product that was using 27000.  Switched it to 27003 and it works fine.  Verified by stopping the service for the other product and removing the static port assignment.  Thanks for the help gentlemen.

Message 8 of 14
ttakou

Dear all,

I am having the same issue.

on my Windows 2008 R2 server I ma hosting also Schlumberger LMS licenses.

I tried configuring other port 27003 and 2080 but it did not solved the issue.

Is there any way I can get remote assistance?

Best Regards,

Alex.T

Message 9 of 14
TravisNave
in reply to: ttakou

For the best method to properly combine your license managers, please read my entire thread here and choose the method that best fits your needs:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

I suspect the software is trying to connect to the other license manager and is failing.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 10 of 14
ttakou
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis,

I change the server. The new server do not have any LMS installed on it except AutoCAD but I am having the same issue.

Could the issue be our license. what we did, we purchase standalone license and we installed them and used them for a while, then we converted them to network but since then, we have not been able to have the network license working.

Best Regards,

Alex.T

Message 11 of 14
DarrenP

was this done: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/quick-start-guide-for-configuring-lmtools/td-p/...

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 14
ttakou

Hi Darren,

Yes all that was done. I check the license on the server and this is what I am having

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Mon 10/20/2014 15:10

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@cmdla2-700
    License file(s) on cmdla2-700: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\AutoCadNLM.lic:

cmdla2-700: license server UP (MASTER) v11.12.0

Vendor daemon status (on cmdla2-700):

adskflex: UP v11.12.0
Feature usage info:

Users of 85871ACD_2013_0F:  (Total of 3 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

\

Infomation on the server is the same than on the license file

Message 13 of 14
DarrenP

can you ping the license server by name?

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 14 of 14

I discovered today that AutoCAD 2017 (et al.) copies one more LICPATH.LIC file to the computer from our redundant server deployment, and the folder that it copied the file to was hidden.  "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\CLM\LGS\787I1_2017.0.0.F\LICPATH.LIC".  I was having problems because I use port 27007, and this file is 27005.  So I added the line to our deployment:  

if exist "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk" cacls "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk" /E /T /C /P Everyone:F

and then I copy my edited LICPATH.LIC over it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report