Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLEXnet License Finder Error

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
SteveKS
17785 Views, 8 Replies

FLEXnet License Finder Error

I'm having an autodesk inventor 10 network key error that others seem to have had ("Your application was not able to obtain a license because the FLEXnet license serve manager could not determine where to find the licensing data....").  I've tried the timeout extension fix, without success.  I believe my license is properly working, as a status inquiry returns the 1 license issued; total of 0 in use message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: SteveKS

Make sure you can ping the server by name and that you get the correct IP address response. 

You should also consider making a system environment variable named ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE with the value of @SERVERNAME in addition to the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT value of 1000000.

What error number are you getting? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
SteveKS

It has been fixed by a support person.  I'm not quite sure what they did, but it had something to do with DNS and the server name not being recognized.  Thanks for the help, anyway.

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

That would do it.  Testing it with a ping to machine name validates that.  Glad you are up and running. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
xkhoax

Enter the ip instead of hostname.

Message 6 of 9
davetyner
in reply to: xkhoax

"Enter the ip instead of hostname."

saved my life, dude - thanks.

-Dave
Message 7 of 9
jared.hack
in reply to: davetyner

I tried entering the Ip. it didn't work. Gives me error 15.570. If I have a license file I have no idea where it is. I'm a student and have the free 3 year version of Revit Architecture 2012

Message 8 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: jared.hack

Reinstall as stand-alone.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 9
schebesta
in reply to: TravisNave

(From Travis):You should also consider making a system environment variable named ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE with the value of @SERVERNAME in addition to the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT value of 1000000.

I've already tried with the hostname and the ip. No success still.
How do I make a System enviroment variable named ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE ...?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report