Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLEXnet License Finder Error

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
mobinr
9500 Views, 12 Replies

FLEXnet License Finder Error

I am trying to run BDS 2014 on my client computer. we are using NLM. We are having problem in connecting clients to the server, AT server we crosschecked the following

1. Windows server 2008 R2 Standard
2. NLM 11.11 ipv4 64bit installed
3. ipv6 disabled from registry and unbind from the network adapter
4. Port 2080 and 27000 are open and give the message
5. The service is started, up and running and showing licenses available.
6. Cleint side, i have installed the software and provide the licnese server name. in my case it is "testautocad"
7. Whenever we try to start autocad on the client, flexnet license finder dialog appear. by giving server name "testautocad" it ask to finsih but as soon as i finish that flexnet dialog appear again.
8. I have installed software on the same machine "testautocad". and try to connect it but the error is same. Please help i have tried all available options by reading post at forum.

Please help me, really stuck with this since almost a week.

Regards

Mobin

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: mobinr

try using the IP address

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

more info

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/03/network-licensing-flexnet-license-finder-.html?ut...

this seems to be a DNS name resolution problem

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 13
mobinr

Already tried but same error

Message 5 of 13
mobinr

This has to be checked, i let you know after checking it

Message 6 of 13
DarrenP

also try pinging the license server by hostname from the machines that have autodesk products installed on them

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
mobinr

by copying  file licpath.lic on the same machine where nlm resides working fine and  but from the other machine it is  giving same error. although the user can ping to nlm server machine.

Message 8 of 13
TravisNave

Does it PING via IPv4?  You might also try the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT variable and the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE variable.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 13
mobinr
in reply to: TravisNave

it can ping using ipv4. 

one thing which is happening is that that error usually comes in the morning when the user start their work. and sometime it resovle by starting client computer  2 or 3 times. and after that it never happen or i can say 10%. 

what value should i use for FLEXLM_TIMEOUT variable and for the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE variable i believe it will be @SERVERNAME.

on the otherhand i suspect it may be DNS resolution or any thing related to network. I may be investigating on monday with the team of network support staff. Any steps you can advice for cross checking purpose.

Message 10 of 13
TravisNave

The @SERVERNAME will be your actual server host name.  You can also use @IP_ADDRESS depending on whatever your IP is.  That would bypass any DNS issue.  Set your FLEXLM_TIMEOUT to one-million as a start and increase by a million as needed.  1000000 = one second.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 11 of 13
mobinr
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks I let you know by monday after applying these settings. anyother advice which may be helpful for that

Message 12 of 13
AmnaElazazy

hOW ??

Message 13 of 13

@AmnaElazazy

Welcome to the community...

In the future I would recommend providing more details to us instead of just saying "How"...  Smiley Wink

I assume you are asking how to ping the license server?  Is that correct..

OPen up a command prompt window and type ping <name of license server or its IP address>  example  ping serverr5

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report