I'm trying to get a networked Autocad environment set up in my bureau; we've never had one before, and I'm not an Autocad user.
I already had a FLEXnet License Administrator running for another product, so followed the setup instructions for adding Autcad. I was able to do that, and I believe it is functioning properly. However, I must be doing something wrong on the client end, as I have not been able to get Autcad 2013 to take a license. I've been trying to figure out what I need to do on the client end to let Autocad know that I'm using the FLEXnet License Administrator. Suggestions?
I've downloaded the Autocad 2013 executable, and installed it, telling it to use the network option. I've identified the server to it (WBWISEINT). I was getting a 15.570.10035 error message, so looked that up and added two variables to my client machine - ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE = @WBWISEINT and FLEXLM_TIMEOUT = 1000000. Adding those only succeeded in changing the error message to 15.570.0. I've located the licpath.lic file in my Program FIles/Autodesk/Autocad 2013 folder, and it did not show the correct physical address, so I updated it. That didn't change the error message.
When I start up Autocad 2013, a FLEXnet License Finder dialog box comes up. I've tried both options - Specify the License Server System (I tried \\wbwiseint, "WBWISEINT" and "10.106.250.207) and Specify the License FIle (path to a copy of ACD2013enlicense.lic), and the screen returns with "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager. Error [-15.570.0].
Server is running Windows Server 2008, and the client machine is running Windows XP sp3.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Solved! by bobgoldie. See the answer in context.
This is almost always attributed to a firewall issue or IPv6. First make sure your NLM is running and the status enquiry shows licenses are available.
For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see this discussion post here:
Make sure the fireall is off or exceptions are made for the 4 .exe files and/or ports 27000 and 2080. You can verify this by using IE by typing:
You should get a result of:
Let me know what you find.
If the server is Server 2008 R2 and you are running the 11.9 or 11.10 license manager, you may need to downgrade to 11.7. The adskflex.exe has known to be problematic on R2. But 11.7 seems to work well.
Keep me posted. I was able to get 11.10 working on R2 the majority of the time. But 11.9 rarely ever worked. But I have yet to see 11.7 fail in the same fashion as 11.9 did and 11.10 sometimes does.
Both need to be open. LMGRD is the master daemon. ADSKFLEX is the vendor daemon. It is possible that your license file may have changed the master daemon port to something other than 27000. For example, if you have a redundant server, it might be using 27005. The header of the license file should show this. If there is nothing listed, it is default 27000. Chances are it is being firewall blocked.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.