Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLEXNet does not release license when product is closed

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
karthur1
2387 Views, 6 Replies

FLEXNet does not release license when product is closed

I have one laptop that does not release the FLEXNet license when they close the product.  From the laptop, I checked to see if the license was "Borrowed" and it was not.  Here is what I see from LMTools.

2014-08-14_0902.png

I have tried rereading the license file, but that did not help either.

The problem with this is that it is absorbing a license, even though the user is not using the product.  Is there a way I can clear this so that the license can be used by another user?

Another question is what product is this 85677FDSPRM?  I looked up the FLEXNet feature codes for the 2015 products and this is not listed.

Thanks,

Kirk

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: karthur1

If the license shows LINGER in the log file, then the license manager thinks it is borrowed.  Typically, the best way to clear this is for the same user on the same machine to re-borrow the license and then return it.  That should clear the borrow. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
karthur1
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,

I had actually borrowed the license and then "un" borrowed it thinking that it would clear out what I was seeing on FLEXNET.  Is there a way to unborrow it from the LMTOOLS?

I tried returning the borrowed license with the LMTOOLS, but it says its not borrowed.

2014-08-14_0935.png

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

No, Autodesk does not support the return early functionality in LMTOOLS.  I will PM you the answer.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
karthur1

Thanks Travis for you help......

Kirk

Message 6 of 7
NathanLos

FDSPRM is Autodesk Factory Design Suite Premium. This list may be helpful: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/2015-FLEXnet-feature-code...

85677FDSPRM_F is a package license that is provided as part of a Maintenance Subscription contract. It includes FDSPRM 2015 as well as previous version support for 2014, 2013, and 2012.

Nathan Los
Principal Engineer
DLS-Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
trond.hoiberg

Have a case where a computer has been removed from the network and still LMTOOLS does not release the License. It has not been borrowed and there is no LMTOOL config file. LMTOOLS have been reset. A bit strange and I am curious what the solution you PM various people in the forum is 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report