Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexLM, Suites and product keys

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
PierreRiegert
570 Views, 3 Replies

FlexLM, Suites and product keys

Hello,

I have a customer with 50 AutoCAD network seats. All the licenses are under subscription. These software have been installed with the 001D1 ProductKey (AutoCAD 2012).

Now the customer has bought 5 network seats of Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium (BDSP). This product has 765D1 as ProductKey.

When I launch AutoCAD installed from the BDSP, the software is able to work with either an AutoCAD License or a BDSP license (if all the AutoCAD licenses are in use). If I launch AutoCAD from a standard installation, it can only take an AutoCAD License and does not switch to a BDSP license when all the AutoCAD licenses are in use.

Is there a way to modify the product key on the 50 initially installed AutoCAD without uninstalling and reinstalling?

Thanks a lot

Kind regards

Pierre

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: PierreRiegert

No, this is an unfortunate flaw with AutoCAD 2012 and the BDS suites.  It simply doesn't work.  Smiley Sad

I believe this has been corrected in BDS 2013 though.  If you are under subscription you might obtain a new license and see if that fixes it.  I haven't tested this scenario yet retroactively. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

no you would have to uninstall the autocad and reinstall autocad from the building suite

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17565918&linkID=16831209

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Thank you for your very quick answers.

Pierre

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report