Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexlm not cascading licenses properly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jpostlewait
366 Views, 5 Replies

Flexlm not cascading licenses properly

2009 licenses don't appear to be cascading properly.

I've installed AcadMEP and include the shortcut to run as plain acad but unfortunately it still pulls an MEP license and when the MEP license limit is met it will not pull a Vanilla license. What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

John Postlewait

IS Department

GBA
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: jpostlewait

I believe that AutoCAD only pulls from the PLIST of the Revit Building and Stucture Series. What is the license Increment for the MEP that you are running?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
jpostlewait

Seems as though I had a mistaken impression of the cascading feature.

Thanks for your help Travis and as usual the Autodesk marketing department and the production people have no idea what the other is doing.
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

You got that right! I particularly love it when it does work right, but the side effect becomes when all the cheap AutoCAD licenses are used up and then nobody can launch Vanilla. 😉

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
jpostlewait

That's exactly why I installed MEP instead of Vanilla because I was running low on Vanilla.

Not the first time I've been fooled.
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Agreed. The idea is a good one, but because PLIST isn't compatible between all the different versions of Vanilla, people still have to end up running multiple icons on their desktop. It's a shame. Or a sham.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report