Hi All- I've got a network license issue on the Autocad Design Suite where FlexLM is showing both a Wireless Lan adapter physical address and the Ethernet adapter physical address in the Host ID settings. Could this be causing a problem with the validity of the license file itself? When I point to the file, I get a licensing error: "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager. [-15.570.0]" From my poking around I'm finding the IPv4 vs IPv6 issue that is related to the error code but I can ping the host without any problems. From what I understand about the license file, the physical address must match the address in the file, but if there are 2 ethernet addresses shown in FlexLM is this causing the problem?
Thanks for your help!
Solved! Go to Solution.
According to our experience, the pysical addres (MAC)s use in the FLEXlm license file can be any of the physical addresses on your machine. It does not have to be the one that is currently active. FLEXlm is checking for all the MAC addresses on the machine and if the one listed in the file is there they you are fine.
Please check the following:
1. Multiple IP address on the network, smae as your license server machine?
2. Try to change the defual FLEXlm port number (27000 by default).
3. Stop the firewall on this machine.
FLEXlm, FLEXnet, IBM LUM, Sentinel HASP, Sentinel RMS, RLM, DSLS
OpenLM - Streching your licenses to their limit.
If it isn't IPv6 then it is almost always firewall. If the LIC was created with the MAC of the wifi NIC, then make sure it is enabled. You can check for port connectivity with Internet Explorer. Try http://servername:2080 and http://servername:27000. Just replace the servername with the hostname of the NLM server. You should get a response like this from both if it is working:
Otherwise, if you get a 'Page cannot be displayed' error then you need to open those ports.
Thanks everyone for the help. I checked the ports and the responded as indicated. I took a chance and upgarded the flexlm file to the ipv4 ipv6 compatible versions from the web and still it's not working. The server and the software install are on the same machine. Is that a problem too?
When the NLM and the application are on the same machine and the machine is Vista, Windows 7, or Server 2003, then the problem is almost exclusively IPv6. The application cannot connect back to itself unless the PING is IPv4 local loopback, which is always 127.0.0.1. My link above will show you clearly how to set this in your hosts file.
Sucess! I disabled ipv6 and made changes to the hosts file but I was still seeing the ::1 from the ping. But, from your IPV4 vs 6 link I then changed the licpath file to 127.0.0.1 and that seemed to get it to work. What a total pain in the a$$! Thanks again for your help. You make take the rest of the day off :-)
Awesome! I'll let my boss know that you said so.
Post #3 should be included in any post regarding this issue. I totally forgot that my server firewall was enabled, and spent an hour working on the client firewall and TCP IPv6 things. This simple step clued me in big-time.
Yeah, I was thinking of putting together a laundry list of troubleshooting steps and this one is a big one.