Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexLM has 2 physical addresses shown in Hostid. Is this a problem?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
gtrias
16072 Views, 10 Replies

FlexLM has 2 physical addresses shown in Hostid. Is this a problem?

Hi All- I've got a network license issue on the Autocad Design Suite where FlexLM is showing both a Wireless Lan adapter physical address and the Ethernet adapter physical address in the Host ID settings. Could this be causing a problem with the validity of the license file itself?  When I point to the file, I get a licensing error: "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager.  [-15.570.0]" From my poking around I'm finding the IPv4 vs IPv6 issue that is related to the error code but I can ping the host without any problems. From what I understand about the license file, the physical address must match the address in the file, but if there are 2 ethernet addresses shown in FlexLM is this causing the problem?

Thanks for your help!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
orengabay
in reply to: gtrias

Hi,

According to our experience, the pysical addres (MAC)s use in the FLEXlm license file can be any of the physical addresses on your machine. It does not have to be the one that is currently active. FLEXlm is checking for all the MAC addresses on the machine and if the one listed in the file is there they you are fine.

Please check the following:

1. Multiple IP address on the network, smae as your license server machine?

2. Try to change the defual FLEXlm port number (27000 by default).

3. Stop the firewall on this machine.

Sincerely,

Oren Gabay

http://www.openlm.com

FLEXlm, FLEXnet, IBM LUM, Sentinel HASP, Sentinel RMS, RLM, DSLS

OpenLM - Streching your licenses to their limit.

Message 3 of 11
TravisNave

If it isn't IPv6 then it is almost always firewall.  If the LIC was created with the MAC of the wifi NIC, then make sure it is enabled.  You can check for port connectivity with Internet Explorer.  Try http://servername:2080 and http://servername:27000.  Just replace the servername with the hostname of the NLM server.  You should get a response like this from both if it is working:

Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60

Otherwise, if you get a 'Page cannot be displayed' error then you need to open those ports. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 11
gtrias

Thanks everyone for the help. I checked the ports and the responded as indicated.  I took a chance and upgarded the flexlm file to the ipv4 ipv6 compatible versions from the web and still it's not working. The server and the software install are on the same machine. Is that a problem too?

Message 5 of 11
TravisNave

When the NLM and the application are on the same machine and the machine is Vista, Windows 7, or Server 2003, then the problem is almost exclusively IPv6.  The application cannot connect back to itself unless the PING is IPv4 local loopback, which is always 127.0.0.1.  My link above will show you clearly how to set this in your hosts file. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 11
gtrias

Sucess! I disabled ipv6 and made changes to the hosts file but I was still seeing the ::1 from the ping. But, from your IPV4 vs 6 link I then changed the licpath file to 127.0.0.1 and that seemed to get it to work. What a total pain in the a$$!  Thanks again for your help. You make take the rest of the day off 🙂

Message 7 of 11
TravisNave

Awesome!  I'll let my boss know that you said so.  Smiley Very Happy

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 11
bburnworth
in reply to: TravisNave

Post #3 should be included in any post regarding this issue. I totally forgot that my server firewall was enabled, and spent an hour working on the client firewall and TCP IPv6 things. This simple step clued me in big-time.

Tags (2)
Message 9 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: bburnworth

Yeah, I was thinking of putting together a laundry list of troubleshooting steps and this one is a big one.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 10 of 11
christophe
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello TravisNave,

I have the same problem, IPaddress on LMTOOLS is ::1

I have disabled IPv6. You wrote in your post "My link above will show you clearly how to set this in your hosts file." 

But I can't find the link anymore.

My main problem is that I get this error:

a valid licence could not be obtained by the network licence manager error 0.0.0

I've allready tried anything but no solution.

Thanks

Message 11 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: christophe

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello TravisNave,

I have the same problem, IPaddress on LMTOOLS is ::1

I have disabled IPv6. You wrote in your post "My link above will show you clearly how to set this in your hosts file." 

But I can't find the link anymore.

Thanks

the link is here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/network-license-error-1-5-15-and-ipv6/td-p/2982864

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report