Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexLM and a remote office

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
oz81dog
568 Views, 2 Replies

FlexLM and a remote office

Hi,

I'm trying to get a remote office up and running and I was wondering if anyone here could help me out. 

We have a FlexLM server running just fine in our office but we have two computers setup offsite that need to be running AutoCAD.

From what I'm reading the FlexLM server is not something I can setup for remote access over the internet by setting up port forwarding. 

What are my other options for getting these computers up and running?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
buckbacon
in reply to: oz81dog

I'm no expert on license's but I can offer up my suggestions.

Autodesk allows you to have home use license for each seat. My staff have installed these license on their laptops to work from home, the coffee shop, etc.

You could also export the license to the remote computers using Flexnet.

Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: oz81dog

If your remote office can connect via VPN, it will work just fine.  This is your best option if your remote office is not part of your WAN. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report