Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLEXlm: adskflex.opt file

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ewinter
1603 Views, 5 Replies

FLEXlm: adskflex.opt file

Hi there,

Does someone have any expirience with the adskflex.opt file?

For so far using INCLUDEALL (or EXLUDEALL) on a HOST (or hostlist) works fine to me. But using INCLUDE (or EXCLUDE) HOST_GROUP doesn't work. I already made a hostgroup via HOST_GROUP before I use INCLUDE in the opt file.

Thanks in advance

Edward Winter
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ewinter
in reply to: ewinter

Hi to everyone

I've already solved the problem.

I've typed the feature code of 41100ACD_2002_0F wrong (I've missed the D character).

It's working fine now.

I think I need a typing course 😉

Regards

Edward
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Edward -

Sorry for the delay on the reply. I've not tried this in a while and had to have some
time to set it up again.

I've compiled a couple of your posts in this one

I'm getting the exclude to work fine (I haven't tried the include, but see my q below). I
noticed that you are using the HOST_GROUP parameter, but then you say you want to control
licenses by username. HOST_GROUP is the wrong param for that. If you want to use user
names use the GROUP (I think that GROUP is interchangable with USER_GROUP) param rather
than HOST_GROUP. HOST_GROUP is for machine names and GROUP is for user names (as I
understand it).

Below is the options file that I've created in a "generic" mode and then the specific
example below

GROUP group_name groupmembers
EXCLUDE feature_name type group_name

So for me that looked like

GROUP dummies jam
EXCLUDE 41500BLDGEL_1_0F GROUP dummies

Is flexlm actually reading your license file, or is it ignoring it completely. You have a
log file (you get to specify the location in the lmtools.exe) that you can check (just
open it with notepad) and it will tell you what it's doing with stuff in the options file.
For example my log file indicates:

EXCLUDE USER_GROUP dummies FROM 41500BLDGEL_1_0F

Does yours have any such entries, or any errors?

This isn't part of the answer, but I'm curious. Why do you need to use and INCLUDE??? By
default everyone is allowed to use everything (as far as I can tell). Have you Excluded
everyone and now you need to include them back (If so, that's a problem because exclude
overrides include). Include is only required for user based or host based features,
which, none of the license files that I've seen Autodesk issue have been host or user
based.

jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza

>The following rules in the opt file;
>HOST_GROUP
>INLCUDE 41100ACD_2002_0F HOST_GROUP
>won't work.
>What works are the includeall and the excludeall parameters.
>I also read that on PC's the USER and HOST lines for the opt file are referring only to
host names. Is that also >thru? If so, you can not use users for controlling the licenses.
>I think with this we were better off with the old Elan license manager. (Please don't
make of this a discussion >point. I want a solution for my opt file)
>Best regards,
>Edward Winter
"ewinter" wrote in message news:f0795ba.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Hi there,
> Does someone have any expirience with the adskflex.opt file?
>
> For so far using INCLUDEALL (or EXLUDEALL) on a HOST (or hostlist) works fine to me. But
using INCLUDE (or EXCLUDE) HOST_GROUP doesn't work. I already
made a hostgroup via HOST_GROUP before I use INCLUDE in the opt file.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Edward Winter
>
>
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Oh fine. I finally reply and find out you've already fixed. Just great

Glad you got it working, but I'd still like to know. Why do you need and INCLUDE?

jason

"ewinter" wrote in message news:f0795ba.0@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Hi to everyone
>
>
>
> I've already solved the problem.
>
> I've typed the feature code of 41100ACD_2002_0F wrong (I've missed the D character).
>
> It's working fine now.
>
>
>
> I think I need a typing course 😉
>
>
>
> Regards
>
>
>
> Edward
>
>
Message 5 of 6
ewinter

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

I have everything working now.

Why I want to use INCLUDE?

I have within our office several users from several departments. They purchase on base of investment their own licenses which I have to manage. So using INCLUDE and HOST_GROUP I can split the departments by a hostnamegroup.

For example:

HOST_GROUP civil pc0001 pc0002

HOST_GROUP buildings pc0005 pc006

INCLUDE 41100ACD_2002_0F HOST_GROUP civil buildings

By the way, I also use the RESERVE parameter.

So actually, I want to to use the INCLUDE parameter for reserving licenses for those who are entitled for using the licenses. (Am I this saying right?)

Further, I read in the Flexlm End user manual, when using USER, HOST (and DISPLAY??) in a PC environment, this will be seen by the flexlm as a hostname of a PC.

I honestly have to say that I did not test this, because we haven't got a NT/2000 network but a Netware network with CAD clients which uses NT/2000 as a client and are all Administrator's on their own machine.

Regards,

Edward
Message 6 of 6
BrunoSchilli

just a comment to following i found in this discussion

>The following rules in the opt file;
> HOST_GROUP
> INLCUDE 41100ACD_2002_0F HOST_GROUP

Above include statement could not work, as it is missing the HostGroup Name. The syntax should be following

> HOST_GROUP mygroupname Host1 host2 host3
> INLCUDE 41100ACD_2002_0F HOST_GROUP myhostgroupname

this will work 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report