Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex LM Licence available but user cant get it

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
g.heeley
617 Views, 3 Replies

Flex LM Licence available but user cant get it

Were running PDSU, AutoCAD and FDSADV  licences on a cetrailsed Licence server. to control useage by department I've created an options file with Groups and specified reserved/maximum licences based on these groups. 1 user cant seem to get a licence even though there are some available. I beleiwve it may be to do with the name of the user in the group but cant find confirmation of this

GROUP PRODENG dvale abennett eahmad
GROUP RND ikaur r&d
GROUP PRODN jsimpson bspain
GROUP CUSTENG mcleland greynolds bswney sweir rgelderbloem
GROUP CNP jetcam

The user that cant get the licence is ikaur and I think it may be because the user r&d contains the ampersand character. Would this be the cause?

Thanks
Greg

Greg Heeley
CAD Administrator
temperzone Ltd
Inventor Pro, Vault Pro, ACADE
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
aaronhai
in reply to: g.heeley

Hi,

If you suspect case sensitivity in the issue, please add the statement GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE ON in Options File to disables case sensitivity for user and computer names.

Else, please send the debug log and error code displayed.

Thanks.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 4
g.heeley
in reply to: aaronhai

Aaron

Thanks for the suggestion

I'd already got GROUPCASEINSENSITIVE set to ON.

I went through and deleted all the lines relevant to the RND group (so the group declaration as well as all Reserves, Max and Exclude lines) Then one by one introduced them back in by retyping (rather than copy paste from an old version), each time after loading a new line I stopped/started the Flex LM service to check if any one statement was causing the error. It ended up that no statement caused the user ikaur to be unable to get a licence. I can only conclude there must have been some hidden characters in the original lines that caused the issue. Finished opt file is attached

Regards

Greg

Thanks
Greg

Greg Heeley
CAD Administrator
temperzone Ltd
Inventor Pro, Vault Pro, ACADE
Message 4 of 4
aaronhai
in reply to: g.heeley

Hi g.heeley,

I observed that the Options File has a .txt extension. You may want to ensure the filename is adskflex.opt (without the txt).

If problem persists, please send the following :

1. A copy of the license file from the Server. You will find its location in LMTOOLS on the Config Services Tab, Path to License file text box.

2. A copy of the debug log file file from the Server. You will find its location in LMTOOLS on the Config Services Tab, Path to the debug log file text box.

3. A copy of the text from choosing the Perform Status Enquiry button on the Server Status tab of LMTOOLS. Please copy this content into a .txt file in notepad and save as a name such as SrvStat.txt.

4. Error code displayed.

Please let me know if you have any queries. Thank you.

Aaron Hai

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report