Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex license and 10035 licensing error

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
BRIANWILLIAMS6379
858 Views, 6 Replies

Flex license and 10035 licensing error

We have installed the latest version of the flex licensing manager on our file server, in our local LAN we're able to open Navisworks 2011.

We have a jobsite connected via a point to point VPN, we can ping the licensing server and vice versa the workstation from the licensing server; however, we're getting a valid license could not be obtained. Error [-15,570.10035]

Suggestions?

If the issue is a result of slow connection how can we resolve this?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

VPNs generally do cause a bit of a delay that make NLM connectivity problematic. What you need to do is create a System Environement Variable on the client named FLEXLM_TIMEOUT with a value of 1000000 (one-million) and try again. You can make System Environment Variables from the System Properties dialog box under the Advanced Tab. Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7

This sounds like a viable option.

How do I access this setting if I can't open Navisworks? Is a registry setting, or setting via a file in the program folder?
Message 4 of 7

It's a Windows setting. You make this change in Windows under the System properties dialog box. You can get there from Control Panel > System, or by right-clicking My Computer and going to Properties, or by hitting the Win+Break shortcut keys. You will find Environment Variables on the Advanced tab. Create a new System Environment Variable (not a user variable) called FLEXLM_TIMEOUT with a value of 1000000. You can increase the number by one million for every one second if necessary, but one-million usually is enough.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7

Thank you!!!!!!

Your answer resolved this problem right away!!!!
Message 6 of 7

My pleasure!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 7
stephen.ruark
in reply to: TravisNave

I recently had a similar issue with an employee traveling and trying to work over a VPN.  Setting this system variable worked like a charm the first time!

Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report