Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First run initializing - Autocad LT 2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Sonim6
2057 Views, 6 Replies

First run initializing - Autocad LT 2012

We have 15 computers working with Autocad LT 2012, all of them are working fine, exept one.

All computers have the same configuration (CPU, memory....), and using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

On the computer with problem. each time when we start AutoCAD LT 2012, The startup banner comes up and does the "First Run Initialization" and it takes a long (long long) time to start, and it works fine after the startup is done.

We called the Autodesk phone support, and they told us to put a message here and we are supposed to have a response from the Autodesk support technicians.

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Sonim6

I think they meant this forum instead:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

However, might I suggest that on the problem machine you simply create a new Windows Profile for the user and then try using LT: I suspect the problem will go away.

Message 3 of 7
TravisNave

I agree with Dean. Try creating another profile with local admin rights and see if the issue is resolved in the new login.  If so, just rebuild the problematic Windows profile. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 7
Sonim6
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you Pendean and TravisNave for your responses.

The computer with problem is a network computer, and users have not a reserved machine for each of them, it means they can use any machine.

On this computer, any user who logs on, encounters this problem, either a local or domain user, an administrator or a standard user, a new account or existing account! everyone has this problem.

I made another test with a new local administrator account freshly created, but it's still the same problem.

Before I forget, the computer has been formatted and reinstalled from scratch, and Autocad LT 2012 installation was made several times with different CDs and different licence keys!

Any other suggestion?

thank you,

Message 5 of 7
TravisNave

Typically, roaming profiles is not supported.  To resolve this, you may have to launch the profile as a local profile, and ensure the product launches successfully.  At that point, returning to roaming may work. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7
Sonim6
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for the fast response.

We do not use roaming profiles, all our users use local profiles, and they do not save anything localy (on the computer), that is why they can use any machine without any problem.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

Ahhh.  I see.  Well in that case, sounds like you have a problematic computer.  If they are all the same, you might consider just re-imaging the machine and starting fresh. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report