Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Run Initializa​tion

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
peterchristie1938
515 Views, 7 Replies

First Run Initializa​tion

giving a bump to an old thread..http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/First-Run-Initialization/td-p/3174228

I had this problem with ACAD MEP 2012 and it is happening with ACAD MEP 2013.

Why hasn't this been fixed?

Can someone at Autodesk spend the time to figure out a solution. This should have been addressed with 2013 !!!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

This is going to happen when you first run the product.  We have been posting some info on resetting it to fix various Unhandled/Fatal error issues.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/07/the-easiest-way-to-reset-autocad.html

The First Run happens to create some 'registry' keys etc on the computer.

David Lau
Message 3 of 8

"This is going to happen when you first run the product."

But it happens every time I run Acad after a reboot.

If I just close and then restart Acad (no reboot) it does not happen.

also, in the old thread on the last page someone tested and did not find any changes pre vs post the "first run initializing" (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/First-Run-Initialization/td-p/3174228/page/3)

Message 4 of 8

Check to see if you are using Roaming Profiles on your domain. Generally when using roaming profiles when logging off the profile on the local machine is deleted. So the next time you log in part of the user profile is copied back down from the server, however some folders AutoCAD is looking no longer exist. Thus the installer starts to recreate those missing files and folders.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8

Yes, we do use roaming profiles, but we can't be the only ones ..

sooo, is there a workaround?

Message 6 of 8

The only workaround I would know of is not to delete the roaming profile when the user logs off the machine.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 8

I was wrong about the roaming profiles, just contacted IT and was told we don't use them.

any other ideas what could be causing this problem?

Message 8 of 8

The behavior is cause by something in your user profile or the registry changing at log off or during the reboot process.

Specificly I would look at the following folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk

In the Registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk

I would compare these folder and all sub folders and files before and after reboot (before you run any Autodesk software). See what changed or is missing.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report