Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal error Unhandled Access violation Reading 0xfffffff Exception at e78c0004h

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
evan.g.mcmahon
62364 Views, 9 Replies

fatal error Unhandled Access violation Reading 0xfffffff Exception at e78c0004h

I recently installed AutoCAD 2013 onto my computer which has windows 7 64 bit operating system. After completing installation, I tried to open AutoCAD and immediatly I recieved this error, "Fatal error: Unhandled Access violation Reading 0xffffffff Exception at e78c0004h. I was wondering if anybody knows what that error is signaling and could help me resolve the problem. Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: evan.g.mcmahon

Make sure you have local admin rights and a certified video driver.  You should also test in another local administrator login to eliminate a profile issue.  If all of those still fail, you might have to reinstall your .NET Framework.

.NET Framework issues can be resolved using the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
evan.g.mcmahon
in reply to: TravisNave

The problem was my video card. I have a gtx 660m with optimus and I was getting the error on my dedicated card. I went into my nvidia preferences told it to run autocad using my integrated intel 4000 video card which did the trick. Thank you for all the help, much appreciated!

Thanks!

Message 4 of 10
TravisNave

Thanks for following up.  Hopefully it will help the next person!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10
al_berk

I have the same problem with a new Dell laptop Inspiron 17, running Win 7 Enterprise, having Intel 4000 and ATI Radeon 7600 video cards (why 2?). How do I disable this feature in Radeon? I updated the drivers but didn't find this option.
Message 6 of 10
hin94730

Thank you so much, it solved my fatal error:"unhandled acceess violation reading 0xfffffffexception at e4ee004h". The problem was caused my nvidia video card too.
Message 7 of 10
bertee18

when i start it mine says fatal error Unhandled Access violation Reading 0xfffffff Exception at e6390004h and  an other pop-up saying liscences autodesk. 

Message 8 of 10
SSC1234

I am using AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 and have had similar problems with "fatal error Unhandled Access....".

Almost all of my work is in 2D so I don't need to use the 3D features in the program.

After making one simple change in the 3D Performance area, the fatal error no longer occurs.

Tools > Options > tab "System" > 3D Performance; Performance Settings > Panel "Adaptive Degradation and Performance Tuning"

Un-select the "Adaptive degradation" option and press OK to close panel, then select "Apply" under the Options panel. Exit the panel.

This has resolved the problem so far.

Message 9 of 10

hello, I have the autacad 2016 , while working on my project the file stopped working and they where putting that there was a  fatal error Unhandled: Access violation Reading 0xfffffff Exception at 944ea7c0h could you please help me solve it ,Thank you.

Message 10 of 10

@joelle_maalouff95

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Fatal errors can point to a few things..

1.  Graphics card driver is outdated or not supported.  Please check that.  Don't rely on Windows telling it is.

2.  Your personal temp (%temp%) is loaded with too much junk.  Clean out your personal temp (%temp%) folder.  Delete as many files and folders as possible.  You will not be able to delete them all.

3.  C++ issues on your machine, follow this article.

4.  Netframe issues or Netframe 4.7 installed on your machine.

Do you have netframe 4.7 installed?  Netfrrame 4.7 is causing headaches in the Autodesk Community.

Confirm the "Version" entry in this registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full

If so I would recommend that you review the following articles

Article #1 - NETFRAME 4.7/Windows 7 ONLY

Article #2 - NETFRAME 4.7

Article #3 - NETFRAME 4.7

Article #4 - Windows Defender ONLY

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report