Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Reply
*T., Scott
Message 1 of 6 (159 Views)

Fatal Error: Security system . .

159 Views, 5 Replies
01-15-2001 12:21 AM
We have five floating licenses on our NT Server network. The pc's have NT
> > Workstation and are PII500 with 256MB RAM and 512MB swap file. 8GB of
> free
> > space on HD. We are running AutoCAD R14.
> >
> > When one of my users opens AutoCad, he receives the error "Fatal
> > Error:smileyfrustrated:ecurity system (hardware lock or network license) is not
> functioning
> > or is improperly installed". When I run the ADLM it shows me that only
3
> of
> > the 5 licenses are in use. This came from nowhere and happened all of a
> > sudden. Anyone know what could be causing this?
*Support], Anthony Governanti [Autodesk
Message 2 of 6 (159 Views)

Re: Fatal Error: Security system . .

01-15-2001 01:13 AM in reply to: *T., Scott
Go to the workstations, and browse to the license server through Windows
Explorer. Browse to the ADLM directory and double click on the winquery.exe
application. Click on the Servers button, and see what it reports. If it
does not see the hostname of the license server, then the workstation has
lost connection with it. You need to check the Acadserver variable; click
on the properties button, and see if the acadserver is set to anything. You
can force the Workstations to see the license server by setting this
variable to the hostname of the server. There is a solution on our
Knowledge Base website at http://support.autodesk.com/ViewAnswerworks.asp
enter the question "How do I set the acadserver variable in windows NT?" and
the solution TS16236 will be the first one to come up.
This issue wouldn't just happen for no reason, something had to change on
either the License server, or the Workstations themselves, check with the
users of those machines, or the Network Admin (if it isn't you) to see if
anything has changed.

Anthony Governanti [Autodesk Support]
AEC Product Support Americas
WW Support & Services, Autodesk
*T., Scott
Message 3 of 6 (159 Views)

Re:

01-15-2001 01:29 AM in reply to: *T., Scott
The user can see the hostname of the license server and status is Active.
He can also view the clients that are currently online. The only thing that
changed was I have added ISDN internet access. Everything else is the same.
He still accesses the server in the same way and has no problem getting to
anything else on the network.

"Anthony Governanti [Autodesk Support]"
wrote in message
news:7D9EED8AC44690D257F6978425B66C64@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> Go to the workstations, and browse to the license server through Windows
> Explorer. Browse to the ADLM directory and double click on the
winquery.exe
> application. Click on the Servers button, and see what it reports. If it
> does not see the hostname of the license server, then the workstation has
> lost connection with it. You need to check the Acadserver variable; click
> on the properties button, and see if the acadserver is set to anything.
You
> can force the Workstations to see the license server by setting this
> variable to the hostname of the server. There is a solution on our
> Knowledge Base website at http://support.autodesk.com/ViewAnswerworks.asp
> enter the question "How do I set the acadserver variable in windows NT?"
and
> the solution TS16236 will be the first one to come up.
> This issue wouldn't just happen for no reason, something had to change on
> either the License server, or the Workstations themselves, check with the
> users of those machines, or the Network Admin (if it isn't you) to see if
> anything has changed.
>
> Anthony Governanti [Autodesk Support]
> AEC Product Support Americas
> WW Support & Services, Autodesk
>
*Support], Anthony Governanti [Autodesk
Message 4 of 6 (159 Views)

Re:

01-15-2001 04:54 AM in reply to: *T., Scott
Did you check the Acadserver settings?

--
Anthony Governanti [Autodesk Support]
AEC Product Support Americas
WW Support & Services, Autodesk
*martin, jason
Message 5 of 6 (159 Views)

Re:

01-15-2001 06:52 AM in reply to: *T., Scott
Is the ISDN access point on the adlm server?? Does it require some other type of network
interface with IP protocol installed??? adlm on a server with more than 1 network card
doesn't work (correctly).

??
jason martin
frankfurt-short-bruza
"Scott T." wrote in message
news:0C137BED9A7B526B82B8643621097A13@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> The user can see the hostname of the license server and status is Active.
> He can also view the clients that are currently online. The only thing that
> changed was I have added ISDN internet access. Everything else is the same.
> He still accesses the server in the same way and has no problem getting to
> anything else on the network.
*T., Scott
Message 6 of 6 (159 Views)

Re:

01-15-2001 06:57 AM in reply to: *T., Scott
No, the ISDN access point is not on the ADLM server, it's plugged directly
into the hub. No, your next questions do not apply.

"jason martin" wrote in message
news:smileyvery-happy:4770C502CD49F85F134A6B47EA5A61C@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> Is the ISDN access point on the adlm server?? Does it require some other
type of network
> interface with IP protocol installed??? adlm on a server with more than 1
network card
> doesn't work (correctly).
>
> ??
> jason martin
> frankfurt-short-bruza
> "Scott T." wrote in message
> news:0C137BED9A7B526B82B8643621097A13@in.WebX.SaUCah8kaAW...
> > The user can see the hostname of the license server and status is
Active.
> > He can also view the clients that are currently online. The only thing
that
> > changed was I have added ISDN internet access. Everything else is the
same.
> > He still accesses the server in the same way and has no problem getting
to
> > anything else on the network.
>
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.