Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error. Attempting to save in...?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
16497 Views, 4 Replies

Fatal Error. Attempting to save in...?

Hi guys,

I've got a problem where this pops up right after I close Maya:

"Fatal Error. Attempting to save in
C:/ .... "

I've done a lot of Google-ing and it may be a graphics-related issue,
but I can't find anything on how to fix it.
(By the way: Windows Vista, Nvidia 9300M graphics card.)
^not supported, I know... but runs faster than on the integrated graphics

Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Noone has any idea?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Same situation here. I am trying to retrieve a previously saved car scene. But every time i click on that scene, i get this message:
Fatal error. Attempting to save in C:/users/Joe/AppData/Local/Temp/Joe.20110602.0946.ma.

After which Maya prompts me to save this scene and shuts down.

I have a student version of Maya 2011 purchased from Journey Ed.
The hardware is an ASUS notebook G73jh series
With a Windows 7 home operating system
A 6.00GB memory, the system type is a 64bit operating system
The Graphics card i think is the ATI mobility RadeonHD 5870.
Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Message 4 of 5
MichielDuvekot3232

I've written a couple of blog posts on how to troubleshoot problems like the one you describe. Here's one that might contain some pointers. http://www.thnkr.com/?q=node/84
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Many thnx Thnkr I did visit your blog, albeit the info on therein regarding the fatal error is a little too technical for me, i did draw one conclusion from it:
I havent confirmed it and it may be too early to tell but I think the reason for my fatal error situation was i did a lot of polysplits and other commands on this model but unfortunately each time i finished an area i wasnt deleting the history and freezing the transformations.

I couldnt retrieve this particular scene however i had some previously saved scenes so i reverted on the latest one. I am now deleting the history and freezing the transformations after i am satisfied with each additional change on the geometry, all seems well.

However, i have one strange occurence. After saving this particular file,Every time i attempt to close Maya,the computer seems to receive the command, then the scene freezes, leaving me with no option but to shut down the computer. i am beginning to realize that all the earlier progress on this model without deleting the history and freezing the transformations may be catching up with me.
What do you think is the reason this scene keeps freezing? Many thanks again for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report