Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

2 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 2

Family loading problem

81 Views, 1 Replies
10-04-2013 09:22 AM

I just downloaded and installed revit 2014 but when i try to load a family of any kind or any of the materials library they are not findable.

the only things available are basic wall/slab/roof. nothing else seems to be in the program.

i've downloaded and uninstalled the program a couple of times but the problem continues. 

I have revit 2011 still installed. 

I have an ADSK Materials folder with a materials library in a RAR file. Is this where they are and if so how do i load them into the program once i've extracted them from the RAR file?

Thanks 

Hugh

Mentor
180 Posts
33 Kudos
Post 2 of 2

Re: Family loading problem

10-06-2013 10:58 PM in reply to: h.o_connor

Hi h.o_connor,

I've seen this issue happen in the past--specifically when installing from a Network Deployment. Try the following:

Navigate to the Application menu > Options. Once there, go to File Locations > Places and verify the library paths are correct:

Imperial Library - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2014\Libraries\US Imperial

Imperial Detail Library - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2014\Libraries\US Imperial\Detail Items

If the library paths are different then what's shown above, change them to match the above locations.

Darin Green
Synergis Technologies

If this resolve your issue/question, give Kudos or Accept as Solution...
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!