Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
235 Views, 1 Reply

Family loading problem

I just downloaded and installed revit 2014 but when i try to load a family of any kind or any of the materials library they are not findable.

the only things available are basic wall/slab/roof. nothing else seems to be in the program.

i've downloaded and uninstalled the program a couple of times but the problem continues. 

I have revit 2011 still installed. 

I have an ADSK Materials folder with a materials library in a RAR file. Is this where they are and if so how do i load them into the program once i've extracted them from the RAR file?

Thanks 

Hugh

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Darin.Green
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi h.o_connor,

I've seen this issue happen in the past--specifically when installing from a Network Deployment. Try the following:

Navigate to the Application menu > Options. Once there, go to File Locations > Places and verify the library paths are correct:

Imperial Library - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2014\Libraries\US Imperial

Imperial Detail Library - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2014\Libraries\US Imperial\Detail Items

If the library paths are different then what's shown above, change them to match the above locations.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report