Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faltal error running AutoCAD2002 under Windows 8

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
aokulitch
421 Views, 8 Replies

Faltal error running AutoCAD2002 under Windows 8

I successfully installed and ran ACAD2002 on my new laptop for several months.  Today it would not run, giving me a fatal error message (whose code means nothing to me).  Might this be because of automatically installed upgrades to Windows 8?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
emily.xu
in reply to: aokulitch

Hi, welcome to Autodesk Community!

Actually, AutoCAD 2002 doesn't support running on Windows 8. We start support windows 8 from AutoCAD 2013. Please check the system requirement for AutoCAD product.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 9
aokulitch
in reply to: emily.xu

Thanks for your quick reply. Now please expalin why AutoCAD 2002 ran perfectly well for 6 months under Windows 8.
Andrew
Message 4 of 9
pendean

So what? Autodesk is telling you directly they are never going to fix it, EVER. Why argue about it LOL

Something installed on your PC that is now killing AutoCAD 2002: it's not hard to figure out, just use Win8's built-in abilities to roll back to a month everything worked (and turn off Windows' Automatic updates).

Or reformat the HD, reinstall Win8 and AutoCAD 2002.

Most users needing critical access to older AutoCAD software in newer "unuspported" Windows versions have been turning to a 3rd party product called LONGBOW (not free, but seems to work and get rave reviews). Try it if all else fails.
Message 5 of 9
aokulitch
in reply to: pendean

Thank you very much for most helpful suggestions. I already tried a rollback but probably didn't go back far enough. Of course, I feel betrayed by AutoCAD - I've been using it since version 2.17 (nearly 30 years and probably before you were born ;-). I'll follow through on what you wrote. Thanks again.

Cheers, Andrew
Message 6 of 9
pendean

LOL, you're not the only old guy around here Andrew, not by a long shot.

You weren't betrayed, you're hanging on to a software that doesn't work with newer operating systems: you're choice my friend. There are free CAD software that run circles around 2002 if you can't afford an upgrade, all very popular with us oldies since they all look and act like R14.
Message 7 of 9
dtiemeyer

Some versions of Windows allow a 'Virtual' windows installation to run on top of the boot OS. I use this ability to create a virtual Win XP on my Win 7 for the rare occasion I need 'native' access to one of my ABS 2006 projects.
My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
Message 8 of 9
aokulitch
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Thanks. I'm not sure how to set up the virtual windows OS but will get some local help on that.
A
Message 9 of 9
aokulitch

You're quite right. Sticks in the mud eventually sink out of sight. I'll check out the alternate CAD programs. Thanks again.
Andrew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report