Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to activate 3DSmax and/or Maya

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
namster90
332 Views, 2 Replies

Failure to activate 3DSmax and/or Maya

hello,

I am trying to install Maya and/or 3dsmax on my 64 bit machine.

i have got the furthest with maya, but i have not managed to activate it.

I just get two radio buttons and a blank screen like this:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=6404339&siteID=123112

I have tried all work arounds but not getting anything different.

The only way i seem to get anything is if i right click the blank box and paste the target HTML directly into my search bar in google chrome. Doing it this way and inputting my activation code i get a message saying that the propgram has been activated and registered successfully. BUT- when i restart the program it starts all over again, saying i have 29 days of trial mode left. I guess this is because it is in a seperate browser, not linked to the original activation box....

i have been trying now to get this activated for a more than 30 hours and its driving me mad.

an ideas?

I do have Showcase and Alias running successfully. These were installed over 1 year ago.

Niall

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
asburyj
in reply to: namster90

If you have already tried all the suggested soltions on the tech article I would suggest trying to uninstall and then re-install java on your system. If it still fails you may only be left with a repair of your operating system. The activation window uses Java and the default IE browser on your system and if either are corrupted you may have a problem that can only be corrected with a repair or reinstall on the OS. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 3
namster90
in reply to: asburyj

HURRAH!!

found a solution!

AS POSTED BY DAVID DEMBKOSKI ON THIS TOPIC:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Blank-Register-Today-Screen/td-p/.UPWXdycj6So

1.)   Ensure that all Autodesk applications are closed. 
2.)   In the search/run bar at the bottom of the Windows Start menu, type CMD but do *not* press Enter.  The menu will change to a search results page, displaying cmd.exe at the top of the list. 
3.)   Right-click on cmd.exe at the top of the list and choose Run as Administrator from the context menu that appears. 
4.)   If prompted whether to allow the program to make changes to Windows, click Yes; a DOS prompt window will appear. 
5.)   At the command prompt, enter regsvr32 /u jscript.dll to unregister 
6.)   At the command prompt, enter regsvr32 /u vbscript.dll to unregister 
7.)   At the command prompt, enter regsvr32 jscript.dll to register 
8.)   At the command prompt, enter regsvr32 vbscript.dll to register 
9.)   Reboot your machine. 
10.) Retest the registration.

THANKS ANYWAY!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report