Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to find node error when installing C3D 2012

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mlg
Contributor
7817 Views, 5 Replies

Failed to find node error when installing C3D 2012

Each time I attempt to install C3D 2012, after the insatll nearly finishing I get an error window stating "Failed to find node" and long message along with it.  I'm running WIN7, 64 bit, and I've never had any trouble installing any previous versions.

Any ideas?  I've included the error window.

C3D-Error.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: mlg

Can you try to uinstall the Autodesk Content Service from the control panel?

David Lau
Message 3 of 6
mlg
Contributor
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks David!  That took care of it.  I guess I didn't get all the beta goodies removed before trying to install the real thing.

Message 4 of 6
john.holding

Hi  I am having the same problem

I am trying to install ACA 2012 but I already have installed ACA2013, the only content  service I can see is for 2013,

if i delete it what will happen to ACA 2013?

can you please help?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give

Message 5 of 6
Mike42

Having the same issue reinstalling 2012 C3D with a copy of 2014 already installed. Does delting the content service mess up my 2014 install?

Message 6 of 6
asburyj
in reply to: Mike42

It is always recommended to install your products oldest to newest because there are some shared components, like the content service, that will be upgraded. When the older products install is trying to install it's own content service it will run into errors because a newer version is already there if you have installed a newer version first. The best practice is to install everything oldest to newest. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report