Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed to acquire a license

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gvaughan
433 Views, 5 Replies

failed to acquire a license

I have installed vault pro 2013 server on my network server (windows server 2008 r2) and vault pro client on my workstation (windows 7).  When I atempt to log in to vault I get the error "failed to acquire licence"

I have disabled IPv6 on my workstation

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: gvaughan

That may not be good enough.  PING the server to verify the IPv4.  If that is working and is the correct IP address, then verify that ports 27000 and 2080 are open and the license manager is actually running.  I assume you are getting a -15 error?

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
gvaughan
in reply to: TravisNave

Pinged the server and verified IPv4. Yes I am getting the error you describe the the linked -- George Mack Vaughan E.I.T. Design Engineer NABCEP Certified Installer #031310-234 Independent Power Systems, Inc. 303.443.0115 Phone 303.443.2173 Fax
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Add all four license manager .exe files to the firewall exception as well as adding ports 2080 and 27000 (or 2700x that lmgrd is using.)

Verify with Internet Explorer:

http://servername:2080

http://servername:27000

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
gvaughan
in reply to: TravisNave

Should I make these changes to the server or my workstation? -- George Mack Vaughan E.I.T. Design Engineer NABCEP Certified Installer #031310-234 Independent Power Systems, Inc. 303.443.0115 Phone 303.443.2173 Fax
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

The issue stems from the server.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report