Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed installation Inventor 2015

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
489 Views, 5 Replies

failed installation Inventor 2015

Hello,

I'd greatly appreaciate troubleshooting assistance with a failed installation of Inventor 2015 for Students.  I am trying to install on a Win7 Home Premium system (service pack 1) 64 bit.  At the end of the install it says Failed Install. 

I've tried install several times (deleting all temp files and editing registry and rebooting, each time)

what other info should i provide to guide you in the troubleshooting?  Attached is the logfile.  Thanks much in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
asburyj
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Kart3r and welcome to the forum,

Your installer is failing to load a pre requisite Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 x64 sp1. Can you try manually running the installer from the location below and let us know what error message is given?

C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Inventor 2015\3rdParty\x64\VCRedist\2005SP1ATL\vcredist_x64.exe

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: asburyj

Hello,

I manually ran the installer from the location you gave and got the
following error message:

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly

‘Microsoft.VC80.ATL.type=’win32’, version=”8.0.50727.4053” publicKey
Token=”ifc8b3b9a1e18e3b”.processorArchitecture=”amd64”

--
ERIC M.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hello Jeffry,

would it be helpful if i try to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 x64 sp1?

Message 5 of 6
asburyj

You should be able to open that installer regardless of it that VC++ update is already installed. You can try uninstalling but you may be stuck with the C++ removed and still the same error when trying to run the installer. What antivirus software are you running? It looks like trend Micro can lead to that error.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-US/1059423.aspx

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 6
asburyj

Here's another thread from microsoft of the error .

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/microsoft-visual-c-2005-...

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report