Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Installation - Error 1603 - How do I fix it?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Samkiff
1176 Views, 2 Replies

Failed Installation - Error 1603 - How do I fix it?

Hi, 

I'm trying to install AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 but it keeps failing. The installation log keeps giving me error code 1603. I know this is generic so I ran it without silent mode and got a slightly more detailed log, which I've attached to this post. 

I tried emptying the %temp folder, closing all background application, and rebooting but nothing has helped. As far as the other suggestions that the microsoft site gives - such as a problem with directx runtimes or C+++ redistributables - well, I don't even know where to start with that. 

So can anyone give me an idea of what might be causing the error, based on the installation log? 

If not, can you provide instructions as to how to perform the more complicated fixes? 

Any help is appreciated!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Samkiff
Message 3 of 3
Samkiff
in reply to: Samkiff

This issue was actually solved by uninstalling Microsoft's .NET framework 4.5 and installing the 4.0 version. Note that you have to completely uninstall it - as "fixing" it (or whatever the second option is) did not work.  

I realized this was the issue after reviewing the installation log again and noticing that the .NET framework step was the one it was stuck on. Sadly, I wasted a lot of time prior to this realization.

After that was done, I restarted the computer and the program installed without a problem!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report