Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed - Fatal error during installation.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Johnnzki
6214 Views, 13 Replies

Failed - Fatal error during installation.

Anyone can help please? Badly needed.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
TravisNave
in reply to: Johnnzki

Please attach the log file listed in that error.  It will have the reason for the failure.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 14
Johnnzki

is this the log ? I've tried so many times installing this AutoCAD 2011 32bit.

BTW my processor

AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor ~2.8GHz

3GB RAM

256 Video Card

Windows XP

Message 4 of 14
TravisNave

Yeah, but it doesn't really help.  There might be a bigger log file in yoru %TEMP% folder as well related to this one.

Also, are you installing from media, download, or what? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 14
Johnnzki

Yeah, i see a lot of .NET Framework, should i delete all files in my %TEMP% folder ? I'd just copy this AutoCAD to my buddy. Then what should I do now? 😞

Message 6 of 14
TravisNave

Yeah, it's a good idea to clear all the files in your %TEMP% folder first.  If the installation files are downloaded onto your hard drive, that's preferred.  Make sure you have local admin rights on your machine and that your anti-virus is temporarily disabled during the install.  Give it another go.  If it fails, it should be easier to locate the necessary log files. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 14
Johnnzki

I've seen another log file AutoCAD 2011 Install.log about 3.14MB , so ill delete all files here in my %TEMP% and then run again the Autodesk.exe ? Do you mean "run as admin" ?

Message 8 of 14
TravisNave

You could do a Run As Administrator if you have that account enabled in XP.  However, so long as your user account has local admin rights, you are fine.  Alternately, you can also try creating another local user with admin rights and logging it as that account and trying again.  Sometimes Windows profile issues can cause weird problems.  And a fresh profile often times resolves that.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 14
Johnnzki

Hey buddy, still error.

Theses are the files added to my %TEMP% folder

AcDeltree.exe

AutoCAD 2011 Install.log

AutoCAD 2011 Setup.log

Message 10 of 14
Johnnzki
in reply to: TravisNave

These are the 3 file that i couldnt install, when installing AutoCAD 2011 i got error saying "Failed - Fatal error during installation." 😞

Message 11 of 14
TravisNave

Zip and attach the log file.  Perhaps somebody at Autodesk will be able to look at it.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 12 of 14
Johnnzki
in reply to: TravisNave

These are the log files seen on my %TEMP% folder.

Message 13 of 14
petromligo24

have the problem during installation Autocad civil 3D 2011 in my Laptop,failed  -Fatar error during installation .computer properties are:-

window 7 professional,processor Intel(R) core (TM) 2Duo CPU  p8600 @ 2.40GHZ  2.40GHZ

RAM 2.00GB

System type 32-bit

So how to solve this problem

Message 14 of 14
Darin.Green
in reply to: petromligo24

@petromligo24

Given that this is a 5 year old post... For starters, create a new post and provide your installation log file found in your %temp% directory.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report