Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Failed Autocad install, and difficulties in reinstalling

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
eman95403
324 Views, 4 Replies

Failed Autocad install, and difficulties in reinstalling

After the launcher installed autocad 2015, it then said it had failed to install it and several other things. I then tried to reinstall through the online autocad account manager but when the files finishes downloading and then run, it stops immediately and gives an error 8. I have tried to find the autocad program in the control panel to uninstall but it does not appear there and using the windows fixit tool doesnt find it either. Any suggestions to do so?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Otto
in reply to: eman95403

Hello eman95403 and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you're receiving Error 8 during installation. This is typically due to he download manager getting disconnected. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Error 8 or Error 9 during install

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk productsā€”any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 5
sureshchotrani

Looks like you are facing issuse in download the software properly kindly download via virtual agent

See below screencast for the same

www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
eman95403
in reply to: sureshchotrani

But would I be able to do the virtual agent or some other download way if I have the student version of autocad? It does not give me nother option on how to download.

Message 5 of 5
sureshchotrani

Give a try & see if it works or not. 

Also if you are find any issuses with Education version of sofware you can register case here

www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report