Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed - AutoCAD 2012 Building Design Suite

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Centralfire1
539 Views, 5 Replies

Failed - AutoCAD 2012 Building Design Suite

OK, I have installed AutoCAD 2012 on my desktop and now I am installing it on a laptop for out of office use at home.  I thought since I had the new 2013 I could just install it and I did.  It failed.  I uninstalled it completely using the steps found on this web site.  Started over this time using the 2012 version.  It failed.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling at least four more times with the same results, FAILED!  I am now frustrated beyond sanity.  I need this to work but haverun out of ideas.  I know I'm doing something wrong but I can't put my finger on what it is.  I need help.

I am running 64bit Windows 7, 2gig video, 16gig RAM, Core i7 2.7 processor, 750 gig hard drive.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Centralfire1

Post the install log linked in the failure summary page.  It's most like a prerequisite failure.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
Centralfire1
in reply to: TravisNave

Here it is.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

its the 1603 error

read through the link travis posted on what to do

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Centralfire1
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Yeah Darren called it.  Specifically, this is what is failing:

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

So like he said, click that link and start with that program.  Then try again.  Let us know.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report