Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fail on install c3d 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tomarneson
458 Views, 3 Replies

fail on install c3d 2013

Install failed 3 times, always at the same place. Attached find the setuplog and a screenshot of the install program.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: tomarneson

1601 is generally a problem with your Windows Installer itself.

This error occurs when the Microsoft Windows Installer Service has been corrupted on the system. The Windows Installer Service is considered a core component of some Windows operating systems.  If a core operating system component is corrupted, in some cases, the issue can only be addressed if the operating system itself is repaired or reinstalled.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
tomarneson
in reply to: TravisNave

My OS is WindowsXP Media Center Edition Version 2002 SP3. I'd rather not reinstall the OS. Is there a workaround?

Message 4 of 4
tomarneson
in reply to: tomarneson

I tried again after downloading an installer from MS and downloading C3D 2013 (AutoCAD_Civil3D_2013_English_Win_32bit.exe) again. No Joy! it failed at the same spot. I've attached the setup log, which has all the install logs.

I'd really like feedback from Autodesk on how to fix this problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report