Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Design Suite installation causes Windows 8.1 to restart

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
zedjay72
433 Views, 1 Reply

Factory Design Suite installation causes Windows 8.1 to restart

Hi everyone,

While installing the Factory Design Suite on Windows 8.1 Pro, my machine unexpectedly restarted. I did some checks and I noticed the following when trying to run the Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2015 installation again:

-Autodesk Autocad Mechanical 2015 reported as installed

-Autodesk Autocad Architecture 2015 reported as installed

-Autodesk Autocad Factory Design Utilities 2015 reported as installed

-Everything else that's included with that default installation reported as uninstalled

I checked my Event Viewer to try and figure out the cause of the restart and I got an error occuring right around the time of the crash:

Source: MsiInstaller,

Description: Product: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) -- Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT,type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="amd64"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80073715. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, component: {844EFBA7-1C24-93B2-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}

So I checked online for a solution and found this on microsoft's support kb:

Symptoms:

You have an .msi file of an application that is merged with merge modules for the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 runtime library. When you try to install the application by using the .msi file, the installation might fail. Additionally, you receive an error message that resembles the following: (see above)

Cause:

This issue occurs because of a conflict between the *x86_x64.msm file and the Vcredist_x64.exe file. This conflict results in the installation failure that is described in the "Symptoms" section.

Resolution:

A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is intended to correct only the problem that this article describes. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.

To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix.

Should I proceed?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: zedjay72

Go to either Microsoft.com or Google.com and enter this in the search box

microsoft hotfix for windows installer

Help yourself.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report