Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Design Suite 2014 with student license

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
diego.santacruz
462 Views, 3 Replies

Factory Design Suite 2014 with student license

Good day/night.

Im a student with a couple of years usign Autodesk Software and a student license. Recently I could get the Building Design Suite and the Factory Design Suite installers with the idea of use my student license to activate them. It worked for several weeks but a week ago i got a verification license screen saying that my student license is not valid.

I though it could be that the student license cant be used to activate Suites but now i cant even open my Revit 2014 which was installed individualy.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Diego,

By your post below did you mean you have a Student License which you have downloaded from the Education Community Site

In your EDU account, indeed I can see that you have already downloaded Revit 2014. By open did you mean you cannot launch and use the software? Do reply back with more details on the error. 

Also, yes only one Serial Number is provided per Education Community account for all Products however do note that Suites are not available for download on the said site. Thus you cannot use the Serial Number to activate a Suite Product. 

If I seem to have misunderstood the issue, feel free to reply back with more details. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have a student license from the Autodesk Education Community and tried to use it with Factory Design Suite. Asi i suspect it worked for a while but now im having issues with my Revit 2014 which was installed without a Suite.

Several days when i tried to open the Suite it popup a license message indicating me that my serial number was wrong and couldnt activate the product (the white message displaying the request code). I thought it was due the Suite and the education Serial, but when i tried to open my Revit the same thing happened.

Also when i was having this suites issues i couldnt activate my Inventor 2014 cuz of the same problem, but lately it could activate. 

So my doubt is, my education license is not working or is only a issue with the suites and my revit is suffering the same fate maybe for some file sharing between the Autodesk Products.

Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: diego.santacruz

Hello Diego!

What happens when you attempt to open Revit or Inventor? Does it prompt for activation? If so, have you tried doing so with your student license info found in the Education CommunityAny specific activation errors?

If necessary, you can delete all Autodesk licensing info from a system by removing the following: 

Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8:
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Mac:

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data
/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_*.data_backup

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report