Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
hino956
550 Views, 4 Replies

export request failed

The maximum number of users reached.  How can I deactivate one of the computers (this computer will no longer be used for autocad) where autodesk used to be used on, so I can use the transfer utility between other two computers.

Using Win7

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: hino956

Hi hino956,

Can you send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number so that I can investigate the error on our end.

If we're unable to resolve the LTU issue, the next course of action will be to uninstall on your old machine and reinstall / activate on the new. 

Message 3 of 5
philip.s

Hi hino956,

Following up from your Private Message, you are receiving the "maximum number of users reached" error when exporting because there is already an open export that was never imported.

As you had indicated moving from your laptop to PC, I'd like to point out that Autodesk allows 2 activations for such scenarios (must be 1 user and can't be used concurrently). Please check out this link for more information on the subject.

Message 4 of 5
hino956
in reply to: philip.s

Following up from your Private Message, you are receiving the "maximum number of users reached" error when exporting because there is already an open export that was never imported.

What? so how do I solve the problem! I have the program running on my laptop and I'm trying to export the license so I can run on the office computer.

How can I have "an open export" .."and never imported",  if I have the program running on my laptop???? I used the transfer license transfer utility to transfer from the computer to the laptop, which worked; now I want to transfer back to the computer, and it doesn't want to work.

I only need a solution not a link to read the license agreement. 

Message 5 of 5
philip.s

Hi hino956,

What I was referencing with the FAQ is that you are entitled to have the software installed and activated on both your laptop and desktop, and hence no need for the LTU.

Looking through the activation history, the license has actually never been imported. Rather, I'm seeing 1 export (9/11) and 3 successful activations (7/5, 8/9, and 9/11) which would explain how the software is running on your laptop.

Moving forward, your options are to open the LTU on your desktop and import the available license, uninstall on the laptop / install on the desktop and walk through the standard activation process, or install on the desktop and walk through the standard activation process (keeping the software on the laptop as well as long as you are the only user and aren't using both concurrently).

As your license has been activated a few times, you will likely reach an activation limit error if you proceed with one of the options that entails going through the standard activation process. If so, please either contact our Registration and Activation group for assistance, or send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your product request code.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report