Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXCLUDE, GROUP and Active Directory

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
shawnfoster9640
1052 Views, 2 Replies

EXCLUDE, GROUP and Active Directory

If I want to prevent certain people access to licenses, and those people exist in an AD Group, can I have the GROUP option in FlexLM reference an AD group and then use the EXCLUDE option to not allow those folks access?

Sounds very Big Brother, I know. But I'm doing my due diligence.

Thanks,

S
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: shawnfoster9640

Hi,

Group option is to define people from AD not to make a
correspondence to an AD group.

In my knowledge there is nothing in FlexLm for AutoCAD like
what you want.

Franck Hervet

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
"shawnfoster9640" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
title="mailto:6087377@discussion.autodesk.com CTRL + Cliquez ici pour suivre le lien"
href="ma...
If
I want to prevent certain people access to licenses, and those people exist in
an AD Group, can I have the GROUP option in FlexLM reference an AD group and
then use the EXCLUDE option to not allow those folks access? Sounds very Big
Brother, I know. But I'm doing my due diligence. Thanks,
S
Message 3 of 3

Right. You would have to specify a GROUP name in your adskflex.opt file and put all the users that you wish to exclude into this GROUP. Then you can use the EXCLUDE command for the Autodesk Feature code that you wish to block. There's no way to point to an existing AD group on your domain, so you will simply have to do the long-hand dirty work again yourself.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report