Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors During Wks Installation ERROR 1324 , 205

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
441 Views, 1 Reply

Errors During Wks Installation ERROR 1324 , 205

I have a current single network license server that was running and had a deployment created. Also all wks had the app installed and were runing ok. this had been the license sever for years for 07,08.10and 12 versions.

This server have  to be removed, to do so I did a new installation on another server, same network, I first  did uninstall the app on  each wks from add and remove programs. then run the install on the new server, install the license manager, request a new license file and install, and create and save the new deployment.

I removed the old server license service and shut down the service. License server on the new server is running fine and the deployment was created successfully, but when I go to any wks to do the reinstallation from the new server and deployement, navigate thru the deployment path, execute the shortcut , installation wizard appears and shows license agreement,  the license type, product information, the server name etc, then when I click next  it give me the following errors:

“ ERROR 1324  the folder path program files contains an invalid character “

After I click OK on this error, got another:

“ Fatal Error During Installation # 205 failed to run AdskExecuteSequence”

anynone please HELP i need to resolve this ASAP  since there is people waiting to use the app and finish important tasks.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

For migrating the license server there is an easier method than reinstalling

please check this

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/05/migrating-license-server-to-another-machine.html

For the install Error.

Please make sure the sharename for the deployment doesn't have any special character e.g:-$ sign.

try to use another share location with full permission for the user installing it.

Try shorten the path to the deployment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report