Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
herrerab
446 Views, 3 Replies

ERROR

Hi

I am trying to install the Autodesk Education Suite on my HP Pavillion.  I put in the disk and run the setup.  A window pops up in which it says the setup is initializing.  After about 2 minutes, an error window pops up that says

The copy functions cannot be used.

Failed to copy the following files:

F:/en-us

to

C:/Users/Britt/AppData/Local/Temp/_AICD4D.tmp

I have tried everything I could think of.  I have even called the HP Tech Support and the guy tried all he knew and it didnt work.  He thinks its a bad disk, but this is the second disk I got because the 1st one I got did the same thing.

Can you please help? I really need Maya so I could do my work!  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hashim.mundol
in reply to: herrerab

Please try to copy the content of the dvd disk locally to the hard disk and try to install from the hard disk.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
herrerab

Thank you for responding.  I have tried to copy it.  It'll say its copying but when I look at the task manager it says its not responding. Also every so often, it'll say it can't copy a certain file.

I have also tried making sure that the folder its supposed to be copying it to exists and it does.  I even deleted the temp folders.

Message 4 of 4
hashim.mundol

this could be a bad dvd drive, please try to share dvd drive from another computer.

or you could try to download the trial version from Autodesk.com, once you enter right serial number it should work as normal installation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report