Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
949 Views, 6 Replies

Error with update

I am having issue with the update patch for RA2011. Get error code:1624. I found a few posts about the error code that have been posted in the past but cannot seem to get a reasonable response from tech support.

Has anyone encountered the error as well? Find a solution other than uninstalling RA2011?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

This error generally occurs when the product was installed from a network deployment.  Make sure that you still have access to the original deployment and that you have sufficient write access to it.  You may end up needing to patch your network deployment with this update as well. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the suggestion but the installation was from media. Stand alone installation. New computer. No virus software. No previous Autodesk software. Logged in as Administrator. I ran through the whole gambit of typical installation issues. There must be something simple I have overlooked.

Message 4 of 7
TravisNave

Strange indeed.  You may be missing full control privileges for the SYSTEM account on the C:\Windows\Temp as well as the C:\Windows\Installer folders.  Might check there.  Do you have local admin rights to install patches and updates?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Your speculation is dead-on with the posts I have found regarding the error code. I followed the solution posted and seem to have all the permissions necessary. However, the solution was for WinXP/Vista. Not sure if there is something specific to Win7 that I am not aware of. I did disable the User Account Control just in case.

The only difference I can think of is that the RA2011 was installed on the 😧 drive, but I made that clear when I installed the software. The software works fine, just cannot get the patch to work.

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave

I can't imagine that is problematic.  Most of the engineers here install their products to the D:\ drive.   I am guessing the problem is likely a rights related issue.   You might try downloading the update again (just incase it was bad) and then run it by right-clicking and Run as Administrator.  Might be worth a shot to see if it works or if you get a different error. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Worth a shot. I will let you know my findings.

Thanks for the input.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report