Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when installing on a Mac

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
seanmelchiorre
484 Views, 3 Replies

Error when installing on a Mac

I downloaded the free student version today, AutoCAD 2013 for MAC, and when I go to start the instalation process i get this error message:

Your system already has a copy of AutoCAD installed. Please uninstall the existing AutoCAD to continue installation.

I have never download any autodesk related programs before and I searched my computer everywhere for anything related. I have deleted and restarted my computer and redownloaded but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sean

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: seanmelchiorre

If you have never had AutoCAD installed on your system then perhaps this error is occuring for another reason. What version of the MAC OS are you running?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 4
seanmelchiorre
in reply to: asburyj

Mac OS X 10.5.8

Sent from my iPhone
Message 4 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: seanmelchiorre

The system requirements for AutoCAD 2013 for MAC state the following MAC OS versions are supported. It looks like you will need to upgrade. 

Apple® Mac OS® X v10.8.0 or later (Mountain Lion), OS X v10.7.2 or later (Lion), or OS X v10.6.8 or later (Snow Leopard) with 64-bit Intel processor

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15412189&linkID=9240617#section6

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report