Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error opening 3ds max on Windows8

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
th_honda
781 Views, 9 Replies

Error opening 3ds max on Windows8

Hello everyone, I've made a post here few weeks ago saying that my 3ds Max wasn't opening. Suddenly, the problem was gone and I was able to use it again. Then, last week, it stoped working again, with no aparent reasons. So I tried to install the 2013 version (I was using the 2014). It worked for a while, but now it's giving the same problem. I really need to use it for my classes, and I can't find a solution.

I have an Asus N46V

Windows 8 64bits

Nvidia Geforce GT 630M 2GB

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: th_honda

Start by doing a clean install of this driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-win7-64bit-320.49-whql-driver.html

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
th_honda
in reply to: TravisNave

Should I restart my computer afterwards? I tried opening the program, but it didn't work.
Message 4 of 10
TravisNave

Yes.  Installing the driver clean (did you check that box?) should require a restart.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 10
th_honda

sorry, I haven't checked the box. But I did now, and i've already restart my computer. But 3ds max isn't working 😕

Message 6 of 10
TravisNave

Is it the activation crash, by chance?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 10
th_honda

I don't think so. I've reinstalled it several times, and I was able to activate it. Then the problem was gone without doing anything, and it's back again. It's really weird
Message 8 of 10
TravisNave

Again, my only recommendation then would be to try a system restore back to a point in time that you knew it was working.  Possibly some Windows Update or another installed program has caused this issue...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 10
th_honda

Any other sugestions? I don't think it would work for me... Actually, I don't even know exactly how to restore.
Message 10 of 10
TravisNave

System Restore is quick and it is reversible if it does not work. 

Here are the instructions:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Good Luck!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report