Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR MESSAGE WHILE TRYING INSTALLING

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
john_saito
2924 Views, 3 Replies

ERROR MESSAGE WHILE TRYING INSTALLING

Trying to install product Autocad LT 2009.  We had installed this product on another machine that crashed.  I get the following error message "The serial number field must contain the serial number in numerical digit format (i.e. 1,2,3)"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: john_saito

Welcome to the community John!

Our serial numbers consist of 11 digits, and appear in the following format: 123-45678910. Without posting the number here in the public forum, can you verify if the number that you entered contained any letters or special characters?

Should you need assistance looking up the proper serial number or validating the current one, please feel free to contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Message 3 of 4
leonardavid
in reply to: philip.s

my serial numbers are 12 digit and wont fit in the activation box for revit. ie 900-555555555 and as a result I cant activate. What to do ?

Message 4 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: leonardavid

Hello @leonardavid!

I just double checked your designated edu serial number and verified that it is only 11 characters. Not sure if this is the case but you do not need to enter the dash (-) into the serial number box as it is already broken up.

You can double check your serial number to ensure that you're entering it correctly by locating it in your Autodesk Account via the following instructions:

How to find your serial number and product key in your Autodesk Account

ENTER SN.jpg 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report