Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when opening up Autocad 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
klau25
310 Views, 4 Replies

Error message when opening up Autocad 2012

Hi

I am having trouble with my autocad 2012. When i open the software it comes up with the following error message 'The security system (softlock license manager) is not functioning or is improperly installed.'  Please help me find a solution to solve this as i have enrolled on a autocad course and i have a deadline to meet.

I have installed the 32 bit version using the dvd that we sent to me.

Im using Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

Thank You!

Kathy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: klau25

This is typically a file/folder permissions issue.  You need to give full rights permission to the 'everyone' group on the following folder and its files:

On Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Once the access has been granted to the included adskflex_...data files, it should launch without error.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
klau25
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi

I am using on a stand alone pc. so i do not know how to give full right permission to everyone?

Thanks

Kathy

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

Right-click on the folder and go to Properties.  On the security tab, add 'everyone' to the permissions and give it full rights.  Extend it to all files and folders if/when prompted.  Click OK. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
klau25

Hi

Thank you for your suggestion!

Kathy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report