Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message when launching Inventor Professional 2014/2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ryan.p.smith
249 Views, 3 Replies

Error Message when launching Inventor Professional 2014/2013

I have successfully downloaded Inventor Professional both the 2013 and 2014 versions, running Windows 8.1 from boot camp. I am running on a 2012 retina macbook pro with 8GB of ram (Mac OS 10.9.1 and discrete NVIDIA graphics card). I seem to meet all the requirments for the 2013 version, although I'm not sure that 2013 will run in Windows 8.1. I meet all the requirements to run 2014 other than the fact that I do not have 65 GB of free space on my windows partition. My entire partition is only 70 GB (currently 25 GB free).

With both 2013 and 2014 Inventor I cannot get the applications to open. I have tried running them in compatability mode, with no success.

Any suggestions on how I can get ANY version of Inventor, or even AutoCAD for that matter, running with my configurations?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: ryan.p.smith

ryan.p.smith,

Hello. What error are you receiving? What message? Is it a licensing message?

You could try to remove the TSF.data file. It may help.

It will resemble this: ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data. It should be located here:

Windows XP:

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Vista/Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 4
ryan.p.smith

The error message says: The application was unable to start correctly (0xC0000142).

Message 4 of 4
c13intz

Try downloading one of the two service packs from this link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products

I had the same problem and e-mailed support. They originally told me to download the first link "Update 3 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1" but I only received another error. Since I was on a bit of a time crunch, I did some searching of my own and found the link above. I had to download the second link "Autodesk Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1" and I was able to launch Inventor after that. I hope one of those downloads will work for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report