Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Installing Revit 2014: The library could not be installed.

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
albertochispa
5444 Views, 12 Replies

Error Installing Revit 2014: The library could not be installed.

Hello to everyone, specially the support crew.

I have been trying to install Revit 2014 for two days and it always fails when almost done with this message: 

The library could not be installed/uninstalled. Please exit all runing application and try again.

When I chek the log file find several failures tha are ignored in the installation process:

.NET Framework Runtime 4.5 Language pack    Failed    Failure is ignored, Result=1619

DirectX® Runtime    Failed    Failure is ignored, Result=1619

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64)    Failed    Failure is ignored, Result=1619

But this is the one that is aborting the installation:

Install    Autodesk Material Library 2014 - Low Image Library     Failed    Installation aborted, Result=1603

I have found several mates that have a similar failure but involving "downloading". This looks like is not my error, so I understand here in this log that I have no problem downloading, but installing.

I sincerely  appreciate the help from the support staff or a little help from my friends.

The log file is Attached above

Tags (3)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
jessica.t
in reply to: albertochispa

Hi Alberto and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Could you please take a look at these troubleshooting steps to help resolve the error? This solution may also be helpful.

Please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. If not, please respond to this post with further details.

Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 13

Hello Jessica, 

Thanks for your response.

Of course I have tried those troubleshooting steps, and all the others I could find here in the forum. 

I have tried to uninstall all the elements who seemed to failure: 

.NET Framework Runtime 4.5 Language pack 

DirectX® Runtime 

And all the Microsoft Visual C++ elements.

I also installed the Autodesk Service Pack, loged as an Administrator, disabled my Antivirus software, disable UAC in my Windows 7 (64b), etc..

I have not found any post about my failure: (not downloading issue)

Install Autodesk Material Library 2014 - Low Image Library Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

In my Temp folder Revit appear several subfolders  but I do not know what to do with these.

Jessica, I wish I could "Accept as a Solution" your response but It was far from that. I have been tried all the chances I have found in the forum, but sadly I am starting to feel exhausted. 

Anyway, I would thank you very much if you could guide me to try something else o try with somebody else who have solved a Library failure as mine.

Thank you so much.

Message 4 of 13
david.lau

What operating system, video card and bit are you using?

Can you try a browser download of the software?  If you have, can you send me the setup.ini file from the C:\Autodesk\"Revit 2014" folder?  I am going to hack out the Material Library from the install to get Revit installed?   Please note that if you don't have a certified system, Revit may not run.

David Lau
Message 5 of 13

Thanks a lot for your help, David. 

I have finally uninstalled all my autodesk applications in case the libraries of 3dsMax or Autocad were involved in the failure. I have found some comments about similar problems and they have solved them uninstalling all about Autodesk. So my laptop is now being clear of your software, that I must say, it is being so long to achieve.

Now I am going to try again. I have cleaned the Temp folder and I will send you the setup.ini as soon as I finish to uninstall and install again from zero. I am afraid that if I can not solve this, maybe it is time to come back with Archicad, the bim software I have been using since years.

As for the information you ask:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. (2012)

Windows 7 Home Premium

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation  (certified system, of cpurse, at least it is what they told me in MediaMarkt)
Service Pack 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU  Q 740 @1.73GHz
Memory 4GB
64Bits

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730, Memory 2768 MB

Thank you so much for your help David, I will send you the setup.ini file as soon as I get it.

Message 6 of 13

Failure Solved

Finally, installation succeed. The failure was solved uninstalling all autodesk products and all the hidden files and folders in C:, users, app data, common files, etc. Also removing the Autodesk folders in machine and user in Regedit of Windows. This solution was found in other forum but it would be nice to have here for others useres with similar problems.

I have installed the student version for 3 years license and now I will take the most of autocad 2014 and 3DMax. 

Thanks a lot, David and Jessica for your support.

Message 7 of 13
mileyaeu

thank u i do this instructions and i can unintall revit structure 2014 

Message 8 of 13

Message 9 of 13

i am unable to find the material library in autodesk revit 2016...At the begininng a popup raises that to select the either (project or project template).....there it asks whether to browse there idont find the library in c folder..I installed the software several times but this was not installing....

Message 10 of 13
asburyj
in reply to: Varanasi_abhishek

Did you take a look at the following solution? It should apply to the problem you are encountering. 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 11 of 13
Varanasi_abhishek
in reply to: asburyj

Sir tried it and later on it's being installed. Thank you for your reply
Message 12 of 13

Hi,

I have been trying to complete a Revit 2014 and 3ds Max install and both of which seem to fail. I have looked at system requirements and from what it shows, my system is reccomended and adequite for using both Revit and 3ds Max. I have tryed uninstalling all autodesk software and have had no luck upon reinstall. With Revit, my install fails when attempting to complete the Materials Library.With 3ds Max, all installation is denyed. Both of these are student versions of the software. 

My System: 

HP Z220

Intel Xeon E3-1240 v2 (3.4GHz)

Quad-Core

16gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 3450

2TB SATA

Any assistance or information would help greatly.

Message 13 of 13

I`m afraid can not help you anymore, cause I moved to Allplan BIM software. Good Luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report