Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error installing AutoCAD 2014

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
nirav_98
20527 Views, 18 Replies

error installing AutoCAD 2014

I am trying to install AutoCAD 2014 or AutoCAD 2013 for that matter. As soon as the installer is initializing I get and error message come up that the autocad installer terminated due to an unexpected error. I have submitted many reports to Autodesk however, I have still not had any reponse.

In addtion to this I have managed to successfully install Revit 2014, which to me suggests there might be problem with th installer of AutoCAD 2014.

I am ruuning a PC with WIndows 7 SP1 64bit. I would appreciate it somebody could help me in resolving this issue.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
aaronhai
in reply to: nirav_98

Hi nirav_98,

Welcome to Autodesk Discussion Group.

Are you able to get the installation going under Diagnostic Mode?

Please download AutoCAD 2013 or 2014 from our Virtual Agent (Matt), just to be sure we eliminate installer issues.

** Select [Downloading and Installation] --> [Software Download Links] --> [I need to redownload my product]

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 19
nirav_98
in reply to: aaronhai

I have downloaded the the installation file form the Virtual Agent and I still have the problem. See a screen shot of the error I am geting.

I will try to install it in diagnostic mode.

Message 4 of 19
dembkod

nirav_98,

Hello. Error reports are not submissions for assistance, they are automated submissions that are aggregated for development purposes. In some situations, if the system can identify a fix for a specific issue it will send an automated response, but this type of error submitted from a crash is not a direct submission for assistance.

Your issue specifically, is a crash during the early phase of the installer. It sounds as though you probably have a good download at this stage. So it makes me wonder what is on the system that could be in conflict.

You should first make sure to have Antivirus turned off completely- and open the Task manager to ensure it is off.

I would clean the TEMP directory.

1. Click The Windows Start Button
  2. In the Run box type %TEMP% and press enter
  3. Highlight and delete everything that you can delete. Some items will be in use- ignore them
  4. Now try an installation

If this doesn’t help, change your TEMP directory

1. Open a new, simple text file
  2. Open windows explorer and create a new colder in the root of C:. Let’s call it "Test"
  3. Right-click My Computer and click "Properties"
  4. Click "Advanced system settings"
  5. On the Advanced tab click "Environment Variables"
  6. Double-click the TEMP variable and copy the value out into the new text file
  7. Chance the value in the Variable to c:\Test (or another folder)
  8. Click OK
  9. Double-click the TMP variable and copy the value out into the new text file
  10. Chance the value in the Variable to c:\Test (or another folder)
  11. Click OK and try an installation

After your test, use the copied paths in the new text file to return the variables to normal.

It is possible there is a conflict in Internet Explorer 10, if you have it installed:

1. In the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs and Features
  2. Click Turn Windows features on or off
  3. Uncheck the Internet Explorer 10 box and click "OK". Let the process run
  4. After the system finishes processing, reboot the machine
  5. In the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs and Features
  6. Click "View Installed Updates"
  7. Locate the update for Internet Explorer 10 and select it and click "Uninstall" at the top of the screen.
  8. Let the process complete and reboot.

The MSI installer may need to be started or registered:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324516

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 19
nirav_98
in reply to: dembkod

I have tried the possible solutions from Aaron about trying to install it diagnostic mode which unfortunately has not been successful.

David: I also tried your solution, but unfortunately it was not successful and have had the same results.

The funny thing is that I have managed to the install Revit 2014 and 3d Max design whitout any problems after having been trying to install AUtocad 2014 for some time.

One thing I many have not mentioned is that I had a trial version of AutoCAD 2013 installed. I had uninstalled this so that I could install AutoCAD 2014. However after experiencing the problem in trying ot install AutpCAD 2014, I have the same problem when trying to install AutoCAD 2013 as well.

Message 6 of 19
aaronhai

Hi nirav_98,

Please run Microsoft Fix-It and see if that enable the installation to go through.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 7 of 19
nirav_98
in reply to: aaronhai

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your reponses so far, but i have not been successful as yet.

I have tried the microsoft fix it and I am still getting the same error.

See attached picture to give a bit more information.

Message 8 of 19
asburyj

Hi Nirav_98,

Looking into the crash report it seem that the calls to direct 3D (D3D11) from the hardware check is crashing and bringing the setup.exe to a halt. My guess is that this would be related to video card or video drivers. Have you confirmed you are running the latest available video driver from the card manufacturer?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 9 of 19
nirav_98
in reply to: asburyj

Yes I can confirm I am running the latest drivers from the manufacturer.

The graphics card I am using is an ASUS AMD RADEON  EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5.

I am still lost as to why this is crashing.

Message 10 of 19
asburyj

Perhaps there is another video related driver on the system causing an issue. Can you check your programs and features control panel and see if there is a program listed called "displaylink core software"? It has been known to cause a conflict with autodesk installers and products. If you find it try removing it or updating it to the latest version from the displaylink website.  http://www.displaylink.com/

Jeffry Asbury
Message 11 of 19
nirav_98
in reply to: asburyj

Jeffry,

Thanks I tired re-installing the display driver again as for some reason the last time I did it it had not worked. I have re-installed the latest display driver and have managed to install AutoCAD 2014 finally.

Thank you very much for your help on this.

Message 12 of 19
rsiocojr

Hi Guys,

It was nice that someone here can fix the error when installing the software. I also have a problem installing the product. Can anyone help me fix this? Here's the error log.

Message 13 of 19
KarenHau3

I am now installing AutoCAD 2014 for maya 2014. I installed this version before, but unfortunately my computer was broken down. I would like to reinstall this version in my computer again for my student works use. It still keep on installed error. How I would do with the under installation log?

I am now urgent and looking up for the installation. Please keep a hand.

Thanks a lot.

Message 14 of 19
rddas

I am trying to install autocad 2014 on 64 bit system
The installation start but after some time a window appears and it says that "an internet connection is required to install a windows component .please connect to internet and again relaun the installer".
Please help me in installing the software
Message 15 of 19
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: rddas

@rddas

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

AutoCAD 2014 has been retired so there is no "live" download link.  Where did you get the installer from?  From your Autodesk Account?

If so change the method to browser download.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 16 of 19
nainglintun14.it

I also got this problem.How to fix.Please help me..

Message 17 of 19
mohammedazamking
in reply to: dembkod

temp folder method worked for me

i was facing problem when i open setup of AutoCAD 2014 at "Initialzing" it stops

so with this method of Temp folder i fixed my problem

Message 18 of 19
architect0309

please solve this error  please help me and check this jgp. file

Message 19 of 19
leowarren34
in reply to: architect0309

Hi @architect0309,

In short, you're missing the install file - you can download from https://manage.autodesk.com/ - if you already have the installer (.msi) downloaded you can navigate to the file by browse.

It's also worth noting that Windows 10 isn't listed in the System Requirements of AutoCAD 2014 which may lead to further issues down the road - I'm not saying it won't work but just a forewarning. 

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report