Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Exception in accoremgd.dll ARX Command

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
kegle
8098 Views, 9 Replies

Error: Exception in accoremgd.dll ARX Command

I just upgraded two PCs to AutoCAD 13.  On both installations when the users close AutoCAD they get the following error:

Exception in accoremgd.dll ARX Command

Unhandled Exception C0000005 (Access Violation Reading 0X600225a6) at address 600225A6h.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Kevin

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
bryce.thelin
in reply to: kegle

Hi Kevin,

Is the crash happening when closing a drawing or when closing AutoCAD? Try closing the drawings first and then when none are open, close AutoCAD. See where the crash happens. Make sure drawings are saved first too before closing their windows.

The C0000005 error is a memory space violation error, which is a bit generic, but I think most of the time it boils down to the video driver for AutoCAD. What operating system is being used and what video cards and drivers?

Try updating the video driver to the latest from the video card manufacturer. If could be that you need the tested driver for your card from us. Here is our graphics hardware list:

http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard

Usually have the latest driver from the manufacturer is best, but this may be newer than the one that has been tested for AutoCAD.

Let me know if this helps!

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 3 of 10
bryce.thelin

Hi Kevin,

I wanted to follow up with you on this discussion thread. Were you able to get your video driver updated and did it help?

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 4 of 10
ajohnson

Just started using AutoCAD 2013 from the BDSP package and started getting this error.

My driver is an ATI FireGL V3300, which is not listed in the driver list you indicate above.

Other ideas?

Message 5 of 10
bryce.thelin
in reply to: ajohnson

Your unsupported video card might be hard to get around with this, but I'd install the latest driver from AMD. It would probably be a good idea to use Driver Fusion to clear off your current driver so you can do a clean reinstall. Here is the link for Driver Fusion:

http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion

I would also suggest resetting AutoCAD to defaults: Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 2013 > Reset Settings To Default.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 6 of 10
ajohnson
in reply to: bryce.thelin

So why did I start getting this error in 2013, but not in any of the previous versions? AMD does not even list the V3300 graphics card anymore on their page.  Any suggestion on which driver I could use?

3D Device
---------
Name : ATI FireGL V3300 Secondary
Manufacturer : ATI
Chip set : FireGL V3300 Secondary
Memory : 128.0 MB
Driver : 6.14.0010.6912

Message 7 of 10
bryce.thelin

I found the driver for the V3300. Go to http://www.amd.com and under "Find a Driver" click Workstation Graphics, FireGL Series, FireGL V3300. I don't know what version of Windows you have, so I can't post a direct link for you.

We don't know for sure if the C0000005 fatal error is due to the video driver, but in my experience it often is. The reason AutoCAD 2013 would suddenly start having a problem with your video card where prior versions did not is that with each new version of AutoCAD, the video subsystem is updated. Along with this, many video cards that were supported with prior versions may not be supported with the new version.

Now, not being supported doesn't mean it won't work, but if your card only has 128 MB of VRAM, it's quite an older card. I would seriously consider upgrading to something new if you can't get things working through reinstalling the drivers.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 8 of 10
ajohnson

Thanks. We already had that driver FirePro_8.583_XP32_77157.exe installed.

Message 9 of 10
bryce.thelin

We just released Service Pack 1.1 for AutoCAD 2013. Give this a try to see if it helps:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL20327837

Go ahead and use Driver Fusion to get a clean reinstall of the video driver, then reset AutoCAD to defaults. If that doesn't help, then uninstall and reinstall AutoCAD.

After that, test a brand new administrator user account on your system to make sure the issue isn't within your user profile.

If it still crashes there, then test a diagnostic startup. This will turn off almost all background processes, including printing and networking, so you can see if something may be running behind the scenes that is conflicting with AutoCAD. Here are the steps for this:

1. On the keyboard, hold down the WINDOWS key and then hit R.
  2. In the Run window, type MSCONFIG and then click OK.
  3. Under the General tab, click on "Diagnostic Startup."
  4. Under the Services tab, put a check in front of the FLEXnet Licensing Service.
  5. Click OK and then click Restart when prompted.
  6. After the computer restarts, cancel any MSCONFIG windows that appear.
  7. Turn off antivirus or internet security software if it has re-enabled itself.

If AutoCAD works okay now, then something has been disabled that was causing a conflict with it. To put the computer back to a normal startup, open up MSCONFIG again and click "Normal startup" under the General tab. Click OK and then Restart.

Let me know how all this works out.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 10 of 10
ajohnson

Just installed AutoCAD 2014 and am now getting these errors again. We upgraded everyone's machines to W7-64 bit machines with NVIDIA Quadro 2000 display adaptors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report