Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code [-5.412.0]

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
ShivrajYeole
1194 Views, 12 Replies

Error Code [-5.412.0]

Dear all

We have AutoCAD 2010 Network licence for our Institute and is installed on IBM server machine.

We are using the licences on Windows XP terminal for the last 5 months..

Recently, few of the systems have started giving  error message upon starting AutoCAD.

The error code is:

[-5.412.0] and the message is:

A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager

We tried repairing as well as reinstalling the software but without any success..

Infact, out of the 60 systems, 50-55 are able to access the software from server and these 5-10 systems aren't.

These 5-10 systems were working fine till yesterday but all of a sudden this message has started popping up on screen..

I have even googled for fixes but in vain..

We even tried the AutoCAD 2010 update 2 but it is inbuilt in the setup file and hence the system is giving message that it is up to date...

We are unable to solve this problem..

Please help...

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ShivrajYeole
in reply to: ShivrajYeole

Please help.....

Message 3 of 13
TravisNave

-5 means that the product is not on your license server.  Have you checked that your license manager is running and that licenses are available for this product?  Check to make sure that the license term hasn't expired.  If you added a new license file or a new license server for another product, it may have superseded or affected the NLM in some other fashion. 

A status enquiry in LMTOOLS along with your debug log will certainly help.  The more information you can provide, the better.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 13
ShivrajYeole
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for your reply..

We got the AutoCAD 2010 125 seat network licence in July Aug 2011.. I guess its 3 year licence..

All these affected systems ha AutoCAD 2010 working fine till 4-5 days back i.e., able to access the server..

At a given point of time only 60 licences are used..

When these systems are giving error message, the remaining systems are able to access the server..

Message 5 of 13
TravisNave

Try deleting the CascadeInfo.cas file on the affected computers.

For more detailed information about the CascadeInfo.cas file, please refer to the Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 13
ShivrajYeole

We even tried that.. but could not find any such file with a name CASCADEINFO.CAS...

Entire system was searched for this file including autodesk folders...

Message 7 of 13
TravisNave

That's because it is in the All Users profile in a hidden folder.  You should be able to jump directly to it in Windows XP by copying and pasting this into your Start > Run box or your Explorer address bar:

%allusersprofile%/Application Data/Autodesk/Adlm

For more detailed information about the CascadeInfo.cas file, please refer to the Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 13
ShivrajYeole

Yes.. I tried it but in vain..

There is no such folder and file in the whole system.

Search was done with show hidden files and folders option as on.

Even a search for .CAS file was not found..

In fact theres is no folder with name Autodesk in All Users..

we did uninstall the software and reinstalled it but without any success..

The problem persists..

Please help

Message 9 of 13
DarrenP

what happened 4 to 5 days ago when it was working?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
TravisNave

Good question!  What do you get when you copy and paste the path I provided above into your explorer address bar or the Start > Run box?

%allusersprofile%/Application Data/Autodesk/Adlm

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 13
ShivrajYeole
in reply to: DarrenP

Nothing specific as such.

Lab session was going on and students were practicing autocad ..

then all of a sudden, autocad stopped working giving this message..

Another 3 systems met with same case on the next day...

Message 12 of 13
ShivrajYeole

It gives an error message stating no such path exists..

Message 13 of 13
TravisNave

Well it definitely isn't going to work then.  Something happened to change the all users profile and wiped out the information there.  Are you using an unsupported platform like terminal services or roaming profiles?  You will most certainly need to reinstall to make sure that those folders and files are recreated.  You could potentially try doing a system restore back to when it worked to see if that will resolve your issue. 

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report