Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
413 Views, 3 Replies

Error Code 0xc0000142

I have been browsing post's trying to get my AutoCad Civil 3D program to start. I have already uninstalled all Adobe products, turned off any firewalls and shut down any anti-virus programs. I have updated my video drivers as well as all windows updates. Can anybody help with this? I have run out of ideas and am getting very frustrated. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Garrett,

The error you are encountering is caused by an unsigned driver file on your system. The solution is to identify and rename the file. See the article linked below for details. 

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/03/autocad-2015-application-error-0xc0000142-autorun...

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: asburyj

I cannot run Inventor 10 on Windows 10.  I tried your fix for error code 0xc0000142 using the program you suggested (Autoruns.exe) but there were no files listed in the AppInit tab.  Secondly you said rename listed files but you did not specify what to rename them to.

Message 4 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello jkadain,

The cause of that error number in inventor is due to operating system incopativility with the installed version of inventor so that is a different issue than the one seen above with AutoCAD. You inventor 10 will not work on newer windows OS types. You can find more info on this error at the link below

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report