Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 0.1.0020 on AutoCad2004 running on Vista

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Batavia-GmbH
1003 Views, 3 Replies

Error Code 0.1.0020 on AutoCad2004 running on Vista

Dear Experts,

Every now and then (two or three weeks) my notebook shuts down with a bluescreen and reboots. So far so good, everything works fine. But if AuCad happens to be in use during shutdown, I have to reauthorize the product within 7 days (error code 0.1.0020).

ActivationCenter Europe won't send me any new codes anymore (which I fully understand) and told my to install the hotfix for SATA-Harddrives. But 1. I don't have a SATA-Harddrive, 2. the error code is a different one an 3. the hotfix is only recommended for Acad 2006 and higher! Can I try this patch with Acad2004, as they told me?

Then I've found this post:

"Martin, This error is caused when license data files become out of synchronization. This is often caused by software that restores files automatically and problems that cause ungraceful system shutdown. If you are using any type of system restore software or system imaging software configure it to preserve the contents of the following folder: -C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Macrovision\SafeCast\Product Licenses -- Jerry Milana, Autodesk Professional Services"

Unfortunately I can only see that folder, but I can't acces it.

I would be very grateful for any suggestion/help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Batavia-GmbH

I would try using the 2012 trial to see if you get crashes anymore.  

AutoCAD 2006 is an older version and the older posts may not help much because we only support current versions + 3 versions back.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave

Correct.  This product is not supported for use on Windows Vista or Windows 7.  Please reinstall on Windows XP or use the latest version of AutoCAD.  You cannot access the folders you specify because they are placeholders as Windows Vista/7 use a different folder struction for user profiles and program data.  The license scheme for AutoCAD 2004 is not compatible with this version of Windows because your version of Windows did not exist when AutoCAD 2004 was being developed. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
ruslanmax

On Windows 7 delete .dat file in filder "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Software Licenses"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report