Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error assigning serial number to product

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
NINJ4Z
366 Views, 4 Replies

Error assigning serial number to product

So far I've had no luck, each time I attempt to download both 3Ds Max and Mudbox I receive the following error "Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault" I read that it's an account error so I registered and tried with 3 other emails yet the problem remains. 

When I actually download and install the program, when it come the time where I'm to enter the seriel number I'm met with this "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)" 

While on my account the "My Software" is also at 0 as you can see.

I've tried every which way to download and run both programs but with no luck, anyone know of a fix or having the same issue I'm experiencing? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: NINJ4Z

Welcome to the community Dylan and our apologies for the inconvenience.

That is actually a direct result of a backend profile issue, where the workaround is to create a new Education Community account with a different email address and proceed with the standard process of obtaining a serial number.

Let me know if that doesn't work, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Message 3 of 5
NINJ4Z
in reply to: philip.s

Well I've already tried using my three main emails and the problem still remains, thanks for the quick response.

Message 4 of 5
NINJ4Z
in reply to: philip.s

I just downloaded 3Ds Max 2013 and it asked for my serial and product key, it accepted both and installed then when I tried opening the program after installation it asks to activate my product so I enter the serial number I had previously and I'm still met with the error "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again". UPDATE* I just made yet another account to see if it would resolve the problem and I'm now met with yet another error while confirming the account "Error updating contact: Error in updateContact: contactId value not returned" the link was also not highlighted.

Message 5 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: NINJ4Z

Hi Dylan,

Can you please send me the serial number used to install, product name / version, and corresponding request code via a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message").

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report